SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    North Carolina Members- Gas Availability Rural vs Metro
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

North Carolina Members- Gas Availability Rural vs Metro Login/Join 
posted
Unfortunately we have to traverse North Carolina from the Tennessee border to the Outer Banks next week. I'm not buying the the statement that "things will be back to normal by the end of the weekend" by the Secretary of Energy, our former governor Roll Eyes. I know that the situation is constantly evolving but wanted to know if we would likely have more luck in the rural areas off the interstate than the cities.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NOCkid,

Posts: 775 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My parents just left for Myrtle Beach yesterday from PA. They said there we no gas issues on the highway.

Posts: 5426 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Every gas station around me was completely dry. Spotty now.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I would avoid filling up in the metro areas right now. Most were tapped out. You may have better luck at the big truck stops since they have much larger thanks than local stations.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7083 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here on the outskirts of Wake Forest, as of yesterday only one station had gas. This morning, however, there were a couple of stations with gas and no real lines. I was in downtown Raleigh yesterday, and the only station with gas had a Really long line. So, I think the more rural areas would be your best bet.

Posts: 426 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: April 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
No problem here in East Tn

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Maybe check Gas Buddy price map along your route and click on stations to see how recently the price was reported.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gaspr....10887875402182&z=11

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Maybe check Gas Buddy price map along your route and click on stations to see how recently the price was reported.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gaspr....10887875402182&z=11

Gas Buddy is a great resource, we are not on your route, Murphy, NC, but over half the stations locally are dry but no panic or long lines for those open.

Posts: 3854 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gas Buddy lied to my wife. She needs to use the truck, but it doesn't have enough fuel to make into town. The two stations that Gas Buddy said had fuel, did not so she had to head back home.

I'm a little East of Raleigh, just off 64, gas is pretty hard to find.

Posts: 732 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live on/at the NC shore. That is, the "Crystal Coast" (Morehead City).

Local stations have been out of gas for about 24 hours.

Suspect the situation is the same all up/down the shoreline, but I don't know for certain.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope to fill up in East Tennessee and won't actually hit NC until Tuesday morning, so maybe things will have improved somewhat. The cruising range in the truck is about 450 mi so I'd like to refill before hitting Winston-Salem that would get us past Raleigh. Getting to Ocracoke may be challenging but gas should be more available when we return home on the 29th.

Posts: 775 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
It's hit or miss, no way to tell. I go down country roads and the stations I pass are out, and get to the main drag in the congested Gastonia shopping area and there's gas with 1-2 cars in front of you.

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Drove today down I81 in VA to 220S into NC and the Triad. Some stations out, but many chains (Scheetz, Speedway, etc) had fuel with only small lines.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post