SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SpaceX is one step closer to returning crewed launches to the USA.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SpaceX is one step closer to returning crewed launches to the USA. Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted
Their inflight abort test went today, with a planned 'abort' right past Max-Q around 2 min after launch.

It appeared to go off without a hitch, proving it could save the astronauts if a launch abort was required at that dynamic phase of the launch.

Hopefully in 2-3 month they'll be launching 2 NASA Astronauts to the ISS for the first Crew Dragon launch (short 2 week test flight planned), followed by regular flights with 3-4 Astronauts.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Very cool, can’t wait as it’s been too long since the US launched its own crews.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Congrats to SpaceX. This was the kind of mission success Boeing needed to demonstrate a few weeks ago.

Posts: 10824 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah the Boeing launch was a disappointment, the capsule going off course due to a simple timing error.

Both have had setbacks but regardless of who gets their first, I hope they are both flying trips regularly as soon as safely possible.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post