SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to Keep Home Number if Dropping AT&T Home Phone
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to Keep Home Number if Dropping AT&T Home Phone Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Timely post! I use an electronic thingy that Consumer Cellular calls a "Home Base". Lets me use my POTUS cordless phones on their cellular service. Works fine and I have used it for years. Panasonic cordless phones / answering base which was not cheap. They just sent me a letter saying its soon to be obsolete when 3G service is terminated this year. They have a newer one but rather than go that route, I just told them to port the number to a new cell phone and I will use that as my home phone instead. They will share the same plan and once the new cell phone connects to my WiFi, there will be no minutes used from my service plan.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We use Verizon Home Phone service and like it.
https://www.verizon.com/home-o...ess-home-phone-lvp2/
For 20$ a month and we kept our old ATT number

https://winred.com/ <<--Support the cause.

Posts: 171 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Porting it to Google Voice gives you great flexibility. You can forward a Google Voice number to any phone(s) that you own. Monthly charge for Google Voice is zero.
^^^This. Easy, flexible, and cheap.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cheapest way I know is Magic jack.

I works well but not perfectly, works out to about $3.00 per month.

Plugs into your computer or router.

One time charge to port your number.

You can used it as a land line or

you can then forward it to your cell phone.

You can also do it with a cell phone take your number to any provider and they can port it over.

It used to be that the company owned your number then congress passed a law that said the customer owns the number.

I ported one line to my magic jack and another number to my cell phone.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post