SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Get Woke, Go Broke: Washington Post Staff Meeting Erupts Into Chaos As Layoffs Announced
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get Woke, Go Broke: Washington Post Staff Meeting Erupts Into Chaos As Layoffs Announced Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
It warms my heart immensely to see the "Democracy Dies in Darkness" douchebags die a slow death:

quote:

Get Woke, Go Broke: Washington Post Staff Meeting Erupts Into Chaos As Layoffs Announced
Zero Hedge

THURSDAY, DEC 15, 2022 - 12:20 PM

After losing more than half a million subscribers in the past two years, did the far-left writers and employees at the Washington Post really think they would avoid any consequences?

It would appear that they are exactly as oblivious as many people suspected.

A recent hidden camera video has surfaced of the latest Washington Post employee "town hall" meeting, in which CEO Fredrick Ryan delivers the bad news that the company will be executing worker layoffs after subscription revenues plummeted.

Not surprisingly, the employees (presumably made up primarily of journalists) erupted into a mass chatter of squawking chickens, demanding answers as well as job guarantees.

The Washington Post has long operated as a mouthpiece/bullhorn for establishment propaganda, and has functioned as an attack dog against conservatives for years rather than an accurate news source. Specifically, the outlet's use of fraudulent "fact checking" has contributed to a considerable decline in public trust, and this habit accelerated after Jeff Bezos acquired the Post in 2013. Amazon must not be doing so great this holiday season, and funds are drying up.

The corporate media is facing a reckoning this year going into 2023. Their audience numbers are in steep decline and have been since before the covid pandemic. While PPP loans and stimulus measures may have kept some of these outlets afloat, even that life raft is now disappearing along with ever shrinking ad revenues. The real culprit behind the fall of these companies, though, is themselves.

Woke zealotry does not sell. This is a fact proven time and time again, even more so in the past two years. When a media edifice chooses to cater to a tiny percentage of the population, many of them younger zennials with little to no money, it is only a matter of time before they face a profit collapse. The Washington Post is a victim of its own elitist ideology, and many of the employees are just as guilty as the leadership. Get woke, go broke.

Link

Posts: 33583 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
From the heart of my bottom...

Tee-hee, snicker snicker, giggle...

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of folks. Bless their hearts.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7056 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
guffaw.

gee, fake news doesn't sell? a news agency that people don't trust doesn't sell? shocking. what's the world coming to?

good riddance. businesses without integrity should fail. this is a just outcome.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12682 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Good. I recoil in horror any time I'm exposed to content from our domestic propagandist. I sincerely hope they go out of business.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I used to subscribe to both them and the NY Times, but once they made the overt decision to not even try to offer a balanced product (hell I would have taken 60/40) I was out.

WSJ still gets my money, we’ll see for how long.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12303 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Who has the meme thing of the Give A Fuck Meter?

Posts: 11811 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Maybe they should learn to code.

Posts: 6351 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
demanding answers as well as job guarantees

Posts: 9000 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I remember when the Post was respected world wide as a fair reporter of the daily news, now they seem to prefer making up news that fits their imaginings rather than reporting facts. One more thing about these cost-cutting measures, a newspaper derives only a tiny portion of their revenue from subscriptions. Generally, these only cover the cost of distribution and delivery. Their main source of income is advertising. So this loss of subscribers is more consequential to what they can charge their advertisers. I canceled my Post subscription almost ten years ago, and still got a daily paper delivered for three years afterwards. I still get a weekly advertising circular even though I explicitly told them I didn't want that either.

Posts: 6393 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still get a weekly advertising circular even though I explicitly told them I didn't want that either.

Allows them to report higher circulation numbers for advertising rate purposes

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
The schadenfreude is delicious!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15178 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Whiny, entitled little bitches. If you work for someone else and you don't have a contract- which is most of the people in this country- then, you face the possibility every day of being either laid-off or fired.

Welcome to the real world, boys and girls. You'd better pace yourselves. You've got decades of this roller coaster ahead of you. Then again, given the horrid condition of society- which you seem to think is just fine- all you twenty-somethings may not get even close to retirement age before the savages eat you.

And to all the sanctimonious leftists who come out of the woodwork when their allies get canned and try to shame and browbeat all of us who are enjoying the karma, just save it. I've been laid off and I've been fired and most older people who've worked all their lives can say the same. So, suck it up. It's no fun at all but you aren't anything special, just common worker bees like the rest of us.

Posts: 107241 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
The schadenfreude is delicious!
Indeed it is!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sufficiently seasoned with liberal tears.

Posts: 107241 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
No job, no retirement, and hopefully no benefits package. Enjoy the threat of losing not just livelihood, but homes, expensive vacations, fancy cars, etc.- like happened to so many people during the Covid shutdowns they facilitated with actual honest Americans. I hear fast food joints are always looking for help…

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8777 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Who has the meme thing of the Give A Fuck Meter?

ZERO Fucks to Give! Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8777 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pravda on the Potomac, in dire straits? I'll sleep well tonight.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Sane people would learn from this and make a profitable correction. These are bed wetting Leftists so I don’t expect much.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29602 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post