SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gave my baby a bath…
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gave my baby a bath… Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted
I was lucky to be chosen to show my Porsche in the Sandhills Motoring Festival Concours this weekend and in preparation for the event my son, who does detailing on the side, decided to detail the Spyder.
After cleaning the wheels he spray foamed the car and I thought it looked pretty interesting so I thought I’d share a few pictures…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6327 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Nice. Which 718 model is this?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16236 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
What a beauty!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38693 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Your baby holds still. None of mine ever did

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29713 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Looks to be a 981 Boxster Spyder

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15347 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:

Correct it’s a 981 Spyder. While I have everyone’s attention let me ask the hive. If the weather is as nice as it’s suppose to be should I show the car with the top up or down?

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6327 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Down

Posts: 3731 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another drop top vote here!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a Spyder. The top should ALWAYS be down! Lol. Weather permitting of course.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
quote:

Correct it’s a 981 Spyder. While I have everyone’s attention let me ask the hive. If the weather is as nice as it’s suppose to be should I show the car with the top up or down?

Down!

Sorry for the incorrect series. I'm not a Porsche expert.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16236 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
quote:

Down!

Sorry for the incorrect series. I'm not a Porsche expert.

The 981 to 718 was pretty incremental, even for Porsche.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I had initially guessed 982 Spyder, but compared a few photos & changed it to 981.

Also, top down, always. Unless it's raining.
I'm assuming the Spyder top is a bit more involved than the regular Boxster

Posts: 15347 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Well top down it will be God permitting. My family was split on how best to show it. The top up gives it a look only a Spyder has but as everyone says it’s a convertible so the top should be down.
The process is definitely more involved than just flipping a lever and pressing a button as on other Porsche Cabs but it only takes a minute or so so no big deal.
I’ll try and take some pictures of some of the other cars there and post them here for the car guys and gals. There should be some very rare cars in the Concourse if past years are any indication. if anyone is near Pinehurst, NC on Sunday be sure to check it out. It’s a free event right smack in the middle of the village.

https://www.sandhillsmotoringfestival.com/

------------------
Eddie

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Enjoy, and hope the weather cooperates.

posted Hide Post
Very cool. Is there no limit at what milk can do? Wink

Posts: 6893 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
After cleaning the wheels he spray foamed the car and I thought it looked pretty interesting so I thought I’d share a few pictures…
Cool pics. Definitely cooler looking than when I foam up my Frontier.

Also, your son hit the consistency of foam that I prefer as it simultaneously is thick enough to get some dwell time but is thin enough to pull grime off the car onto the driveway. Some people like the shaving cream thick foam, but I don't think it cleans as well.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23288 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well top down it will be God permitting.

Nice!
You'll have to post some pics with your crew at the show.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24144 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Went to get my credentials yesterday and several of the cars were already staged in a special paddock so I took advantage of the weather (not raining) to get a couple of shots of some of the beautiful hardware on display…

------------------
Eddie

Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Went on the rally this morning and about half way through it started to drizzle. There was a guy with a silver original GT 40 ( with a license plate that read “ENZO WHO”) on slicks that I hope made it through ok. We took our suv so I won’t have too much work to do tomorrow am when I stage the car.
Stand by for more pictures tomorrow…

------------------
Eddie

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Nice car!!

And nice F40 pic. That car makes me weak in the knees. I would do terrible things for/to/with one...

Posts: 5147 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post