SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Found the water!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found the water! Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16369 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Is this also hitting in the right places to fill up the Hoover dam?

Posts: 11392 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yep, trapped long enough, they may be eating each other again.

Maybe instead of shoveling billions into that train project, CA should be working on containing the upcoming runoff better for water use?

Later this Summer, the water monitors will be out.

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
At least snow melt is slower than rain. Might be able to capture some of that water for use, instead of a big flash flood.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Plan is to go to Tahoe area when the highways open up again.

I have KO2 on my AWD truck. I've been in light snow before and didn't have any issues. But I think there is considerably more snow now. While many roads will likely be plowed, there are some areas where they may still have snow on the ground. And/or fresh snow may come while I'm in the area.

Reading online, I get mixed messages about the competency of the KO2's in snow like what might exist in the Tahoe area these days. Would appreciate a SF expert opinion - I know it'll be realistic and not fanboy based.

KO2 good to go? Perhaps not as good as dedicated snow tire but should be okay except for the worst of conditions (ie - if somebody else is ahead of me on anything but dedicated snow tires, I should also be okay)? Or do I need to exercise additional caution with KO2?

Should I air down? If yes, to what level?

There are nearly an infinite number of different types of snow. 30” of powder at -15 is easy compared to 3” of wet snow at 33 degrees.

Those tires can do a reasonable job on snow, pretty good when judged against other AT types. Real snow tires are a completely different animal, especially on highway and ice.

Go do your thing have fun. Have a plan, take a friend with a second vehicle. Take recovery tools too.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5153 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post