SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018 NCAA Football survivor pool. Week 1
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 NCAA Football survivor pool. Week 1 Login/Join 
Picture of jmtgsx
posted
Welcome to the 2018 NCAA Football Survival Pool!
Simplified, you pick a college football team. If that team wins first week, you advance to the next week. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
Last man standing wins Mucho Cash and prizes!!
Not really, there are no cash and prizes.

Rules as follows:

1) Pick one college FBS team per week. (Formerly known as Division 1)
2) The team you pick MUST BE UNDEFEATED AND PLAYING THIS WEEK.
3) Once you pick a team you MAY NOT PICK THEM AGAIN.
4) If your pick loses you're out. You only advance to the next week if your pick wins.
5) If you fail to pick in a given week, you're out.
6) Last player standing wins.
7) Picks must be posted in that week's thread.
8) If all the undefeated teams lose in a given week or no survivors can advance to the next week there is no tie breaker. If there is a tie, then I win.
9) Each succeeding week post your pick for that week as well as those of your previous picks.
Example:
Week 1: Penn State
Week 2: Clemson
Week 3: South Carolina
Week 4: Indiana

10) If you change a pick, don’t make a change in the original post just make a new post. I use the last post you make for your pick.
11) Be very clear with your pick. Follow the name format of ESPN Conference Standings
(i.e. OSU could be Ohio St., Oklahoma State, or Oregon State)
12) Schedule weeks are per ESPN. As moderator of the pool I will settle all disputes.
13) Keeping up with your picks is part of the game. If someone picks a team that has a loss or is not playing that week, don't feel it is your civic duty to point out the error of their ways.
14) Your post must be in thread prior to kickoff of your game.

Week 1 starts Saturday, August 25, and runs through Monday, September 3rd.
If you pick a team that plays twice in that time frame, you are picking their first game. http://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule
Good Luck and start picking!

Post your Week 1 picks in this thread.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jmtgsx,

Redeemed!

Posts: 314 | Location: Broken Arrow, OK | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmtgsx
posted Hide Post
Week !: Kansas State

Redeemed!

Posts: 314 | Location: Broken Arrow, OK | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After last year, I will take a pass. Too many rules. Picking winners is easy, following the complex rules not so much. Have fun.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Houston

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Michigan State

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Georgia Tech

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Texas

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Miami (FL)

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
After last year, I will take a pass. Too many rules. Picking winners is easy, following the complex rules not so much. Have fun.

Holy shit - my second thought after "yay, this will be fun again" was to ask someone to point us toward last year's thread and this specific comical complaint. And here you are, anxiously outing yourself on second reply.

Well played sir.

Week 1: South Carolina

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12418 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
1: Wisconsin

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oklahoma State

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Week #1: Penn State

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Boston College

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
week 1; South Carolina Gamecocks

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Week 1- Utah

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Mississippi State

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Buffalo

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wk1: University of South Florida

Posts: 1233 | Location: Ken-in-Tucky | Registered: June 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Holy shit - my second thought after "yay, this will be fun again" was to ask someone to point us toward last year's thread and this specific comical complaint. And here you are, anxiously outing yourself on second reply.

Well played sir.

Maybe you should drive down here to the Coast from Jackson where we have the real deal. I guess you do not have Sports Book in your part of the state.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Oregon State Big Grin

Posts: 754 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post