SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I guess we were supposed to “fall back”
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I guess we were supposed to “fall back” Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I work nights on 12 hour shifts....which means while everybody else "gains" an hour of sleep, last night I got to work an extra hour. Plus I had to go in an hour early to help cover trick or treat....which made it 14 hours. And it was Holloween, on a Saturday night, with a full moon.

It honestly wasn't that bad of a shift, all things considered. Lots of drunks, though.

Posts: 8592 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Your watch is defective. Just toss it this way.

And buy a new one from David Truong! Big Grin

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's also time to change the batteries in your smoke detectors.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
So I changed the long case clock and the Nixie tube clock on the mantle. The other clocks in the house change automatically as well as the clocks in both trucks.

I can't find anything that sets back the clock in the dogs or horses. Looks like I'll get the evil eye for an extra hour.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
So I changed the long case clock and the Nixie tube clock on the mantle. The other clocks in the house change automatically as well as the clocks in both trucks.

I can't find anything that sets back the clock in the dogs or horses. Looks like I'll get the evil eye for an extra hour.
My cats don't reset, either. Silver was yowling at me this morning at (her) usual time (an hour early for me).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Q, you and I seem to frequent this place at all hours. Might I guess you're an insomniac as well?

And yeah, I fell back but got up. LOL

Not really an insomniac. I just wake up a lot. Wink

Posts: 26922 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
I had to wrap up a project early today. Sun went down behind trees at 4. Do I need to start a new thread for advice find a theropist? Frown

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
It honestly wasn't that bad of a shift, all things considered. Lots of drunks, though.
Your employer sounds remarkably lenient.

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mjlennon:
I had to wrap up a project early today. Sun went down behind trees at 4. Do I need to start a new thread for advice find a theropist? Frown
You might invest in a sunlamp. (How tall are those trees?!)

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
The main clock stays on MST, currently ahead +2 of EST.

If by MST you mean Mountain Standard Time, wouldn't that be behind -2 of EST??

Here in AZ, we are on MST year round, which is UTC -7, while ET is UTC -5 or -4, depending on whether DST is in place.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10788 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Ignoring radio news and not watching t.v., I missed this until I looked at my calendar next to my monitor - daylight savings time begins it says.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Crap, that's right, the rascals switched to Daylight Wasting Time once again. Hate when that happens.

We should just call the summer time 'Standard' and be done with it.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Crap, that's right, the rascals switched to Daylight Wasting Time once again. Hate when that happens.

Sorry. I disagree. Leave the Time Zones the way the railroads set them. (Maybe move Michigan into CST, where it really ought to be.)

I took the opportunity from setting my grandfather clock back to also try to better regulate its accuracy. I've got it to the point where it's gaining only about 1/3 of a second an hour, fairly consistently. Baby steps . . . .

flashguy

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Your employer sounds remarkably lenient.

Big Grin. Unfortunately we didn't get to engage in those activities ourselves, just deal with some of those who did.

Posts: 8592 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:

+1 I totally agree! I hate these time changes! Mad

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post