SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texas, the Journey Begins
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas, the Journey Begins Login/Join 
posted
Aloha,

It's official, we just sold our home and are now in Escrow.

If all goes as planned, we hope to be in Llano, Texas by the end of July.

We will be renting a place until we can find acreage large enough for a private shooting range.

So if any one knows of land that fills our expectations,

Please let us know, Thank You.

Posts: 1200 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. I love the Llano/Fredericksburg area. A very rugged beauty in that part of the Hill Country. Good luck to y'all and welcome to Texas.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5425 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congrats on escaping paradise in hell, and welcome to free land. You know what awaits you here, YogiBear. Wink

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

We are in a similar situation; we sold our home and temporarily living in a small apartment two towns over until we finish some work shit this summer and in the meantime, we're looking. Just got a realtor based on a friends rec. Concentrating on the Keller/Southlake area of DFW. My wife and I are excited...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your escape to a more gun friendly State.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Nice. I really like that area. My friend Mark used to have some land in San Saba but moved to Richland Springs.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Texas!

Cooper’s Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que is in Llano, Texas. It's been on the list of Top BBQ joints for eons (e.g. 2017 Texas Monthly's Top 50)

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23659 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Llano is a beautiful area to be in.

www.landsoftexas.com

Posts: 1186 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Texas has fewer volcanoes.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I have a good friend who just bought a home on the Big Island, will sell one of his two homes in Silicon Valley, will retire, and "commute".

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Hawaii is nice but for full time living I'd be voting TX also.

Good luck with the long distance move, welcome to(back?) to the mainland.

Posts: 6392 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Congrats on escaping paradise in hell, and welcome to free land. You know what awaits you here, YogiBear. Wink

Hey boo boo, is that a 228 in your picanic basket?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21108 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Texas has fewer volcanoes.

^^ Big Grin

Welcome to Texas!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
When I first read your post I thought you spelled Plano wrong! My mistake, I've never heard of Llano, although I've only been to 3 cities in Texas. Congrats on the move!

Posts: 5817 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

You'll love it here. Alas, I'm only a TX homeowner through 6/26, then on to MS full time... Frown

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12672 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Texas.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
May I also extend a hearty WELCOME TO TEXAS!!! You're gonna LOVE Blue Bell ice cream! There's an e-mail coming inbound for you.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Texas! I am an adoptee, having come here 36 years ago. Texans have been very nice to me and I love my adopted state.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome from the neighbor to the north side of the Red River.

Posts: 11983 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
curious to see if the $4.00 mcdonald lunch is anywhere near as good as the Hawaiian $9.75
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55177 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post