SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texas, the Journey Begins
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas, the Journey Begins Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
curious to see if the $4.00 mcdonald lunch is anywhere near as good as the Hawaiian $9.75
Big Grin

how about the $4.00 McDonald breakfast Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
To really be a Texan you must do the following:

Buy a used pickup truck.
Put in the bed; One bale of hay, 3 rusty fence
posts and 1 spool of bobbed war (not Barbed Wire).
Buy; A $2000 pair of boots, A $1000 belt buckle,
A $500 belt, A $250 saddle and a $100 dollar horse.

Welcome to Texas!

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3809 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
To really be a Texan you must do the following:

Buy a used pickup truck.
Put in the bed; One bale of hay, 3 rusty fence
posts and 1 spool of bobbed war (not Barbed Wire).
Buy; A $2000 pair of boots, A $1000 belt buckle,
A $500 belt, A $250 saddle and a $100 dollar horse.

Welcome to Texas!

HA! Reminds me the old "all hat, no cattle Texan" story.

Posts: 11983 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Texas.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in Goldthwaite last February for work which is'nt too far from you and San Sabo. Nice country. I ate at Cooper's in art.Worth. Good stuff. Good luck and have fun.

Posts: 4130 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
No Mcdonalds, What A Burgeris what you want, especially breakfast, egg cheese biscuit sandwich.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
We stop at Coopers BBQ in Llano every time we're in the area, which is 5-6 times a year.

If you like tent camping, hit me up after you move and I'll give you some of our favorite places right near Llano. Don't want to mention them here as we try to keep them on the down low.

Big Grin

Posts: 1460 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
No Mcdonalds, What A Burgeris what you want, especially breakfast, egg cheese biscuit sandwich.
Looks like the OP will have to drive to Burnet, Marble Falls, or Fredericksburg to get his Whataburger (better and same distance as crapDonalds). As far as breakfast, I prefer their Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuit Sandwich with Sausage

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23659 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Bacon egg and cheese taquito with picante sauce, coopers is awesome. Llano and Fredericksburg are great quiet areas, the Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg is worth the price. Places to visit, history to learn. Sam Houston mueseum, Alamo, San Jacinto monument, battleship texas. Bluebonnet Festival in Chapel Hill, or scarecrow festival, stop by the chapel hill diner and try the fresh made kolaches made with fresh chapel hill sausage from the sausage company right down the street, their pies and pastries are amazing too. This song is kind of a nice bucket list of things to do here, I've done just about all of it.
https://www.google.com/search?...rome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
Welcome to Texas.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Hill country!

Posts: 1623 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
When you get settled you can start preceding your posts with "howdy y'all" instead of "aloha."

Posts: 28645 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
When you get settled you can start preceding your posts with "howdy y'all" instead of "aloha."

He'll probably be saying, "Aloha, y'all!" Big Grin

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post