SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Louisiana Governor Race: October 12 “jungle primary”
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Louisiana Governor Race: October 12 “jungle primary” Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...siana-governor-race/

Early voting in the October 12 “jungle primary” between incumbent Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards, a Democrat, and two Republican candidates ended on Saturday, and the turnout is massive, particularly among Republicans and Independents.

“As of last night, 374,190 Louisianians either early voted by person or by mail in ballot (340,480 in person, and 33,710 mail in ballots). To put this number in perspective, this is the highest early voting turnout EVER for a non-Presidential election

“Republican turnout volume is up 84%, while Independent turnout is up 80% and Democratic turnout is up 36%,”

Most recent polls show Edwards just shy of the 50 percent needed to avoid a runoff election in November, with Rep. Ralph Abraham (R-LA) and businessman Eddie Rispone, both Republicans, battling for the second place spot to qualify for the runoff election ballot.

too bad 2 REPs will split the REP vote

If Edwards (DEM) doesn't get 50% of the vote, there will be a runoff in Nov between Edwards and whoever is the top REP on 12 Oct

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss the days of Edwin Edwards and Dave Treen. Here are a couple of Edwards quotes:
David Treen is so slow it takes him an hour and a half to watch 60 Minutes. Also the famous," I will be reelected unless the find me in bed with a boy or a dead girl."

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
President Trump is coming down here Friday to try to get a run off.

I didn't vote early I'll wait until the big day.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big race for our state. The governor is bragging about a budget surplus that he created by hiking up our taxes. Of course he fails to mention that it in his ads.

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
"Most recent polls show Edwards just shy of the 50 percent needed to avoid a runoff election in November"

In other words, Edwards nearly won outright. Dems could have re-elected him if they had turned out to match the Repubs. That's why primary voting is important.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post