SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Popcorn ceiling removal options? - drywall/painters step on in
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Popcorn ceiling removal options? - drywall/painters step on in Login/Join 
I'm older than I look
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
What is on the back side of the ceiling? Do you have attic insulation? If it bats, or loose blown cellulose or fiberglass. If the latter is the case, it would make a HUGE mess taking the ceiling down and putting new drywall up and you'd have to figure in the cost of re-insulating the ceiling.

If you are 100% sure you are doing something with the popcorn ceiling in the immediate future. Take a $20 1 gallon pump up bottle from lowe's or even an empty windex bottle and put water in it and saturate a small area of the popcorn ceiling really well, let it sit 15 mins and take a sharp putty knife at a 20 degree angle and see how hard the popcorn comes off, my guess is it will fall right off.

yup 100%. yeah i may try that.

buddy and i blew in loose insulation a couple years back. it would be a MESS.

Posts: 1939 | Location: San Fernando Valley, CA | Registered: September 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post