SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    VSP investigating after hatchet attack on State Trooper in Grayson County, Virginia church
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VSP investigating after hatchet attack on State Trooper in Grayson County, Virginia church Login/Join 
posted
This is a very rural area in the high mountains of Virginia.

https://www.wjhl.com/news/regi...ayson-county-church/

GRAYSON COUNTY, Va. (WJHL) – The Virginia State Police is searching for the man accused of injuring an off-duty trooper in a hatchet attack at a Troutdale community church on Sunday night.

According to a release, 20 people were gathered at the church in the 11000 block of Flatridge Road about 8:30 p.m.

At that time, a banging was heard on the main entrance doors.

“An off-duty Virginia State Police trooper opened the door and encountered a man and a dog standing just outside. The trooper asked if he could help and the man yelled back at him. It was at this point that the trooper observed the man was holding a hatchet. As the trooper attempted to close the door, the man swung the hatchet and struck the back of the trooper’s hand.”

The trooper got the door closed and directed the others to get to the church basement for safety.

According to investigators, the man and dog left the property, and the trooper made sure everyone got to their vehicles. The trooper reportedly could hear the suspect “yelling and howling from the woodline.”

VSP said that the trooper received “minor scratches” to his hand and received treatment at the scene.

VSP is now looking for the subject. He’s described as a white man in his 30s with long brown hair. He’s about 5’10” and has a medium build. According to the VSP, the man had a backpack and a small, black collie-mix dog. They also said he may be with an adult woman.

Those with information are asked to contact VSP at 276-228-3131 or questions@vsp.virginia.gov.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

Posts: 12718 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I've been the Troutdale. There's not even a chain restaurant there. It's awesome. If you are coming in the from the north, it's almost impossible to miss if you are going to hike Mt. Rogers. Great area.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I just heard on the news that they caught the guy. Not much info beyond that.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6331 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
I just heard on the news that they caught the guy. Not much info beyond that.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say dude is full on 10-35.

But hey maybe he is sane as the day is long I could be wrong. Roll Eyes

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marion man arrested for hatchet attack at Grayson County, Va. church

https://www.wjhl.com/news/loca...on-county-va-church/

Authorities say a man has been arrested in connection with a hatchet attack at a Grayson County church.

Gregory D. Graham, 31 of Marion, was arrested just after noon Tuesday at his home in the 300 block of Brushy Mountain Road, according to Virginia State Police.

Graham is charged with one count of malicious wounding after state police say he struck an off-duty trooper’s hand with a hatchet.

He is being held without bond in the New River Regional Jail. VSP says additional charges are possible.

Posts: 12718 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crazy eyes!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post