SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    YouTube Censors Matt Walsh, Demonitizes his Channel over Trans pronouns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YouTube Censors Matt Walsh, Demonitizes his Channel over Trans pronouns Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Link

Matt Walsh Reveals His 'Crime' Involving Dylan Mulvaney Will Cost Him Over $100K Per Month

https://twitter.com/MattWalshS.../1650603708252831745

Posts: 23575 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I don't blame him a bit. Like most of us here, I go to youtube a lot, but damn them for trying to always control the narrative.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38720 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Good for him standing his ground. Twitter may end up being a conservative platform at this point.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Rumble seems to be uncensored and many podcasts are hosted there.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or does Rumble require an excessive amount of personal information to register?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Is it just me or does Rumble require an excessive amount of personal information to register?
I've an account there. I honestly do not recall. It couldn't have been too bad, or I'd have balked.

I did balk when I went to post a video of my own and read their ToS wrt to it. Nope.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Whenever someone posts a Rumble link here, I can't see it....but I think it's my outdated computer/OS.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38720 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It’s evil to demand and compel others to participate in your lie. It’s one thing if you want to lie to yourself and God, but to extort others to do it is tyranny. Teapot tyranny.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29726 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Dave Chappelle had a good one for the tranny's.
"I have no problem with an adult choosing to live however they feel on the inside. My only question is how much do they expect me to participate."

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
When I read this, my first thought was to ask how quickly Musk/Twitter could spin up a straight up video hosting site to compete directly with YouTube. But this brings up the real problem, the advertisers. People think the problem with YouTube censorship is it's own ideology. I doubt that's really it. I think it's much more about what it's advertisers want. As we've seen, the consumer products community has gone full on woke. So YouTube isn't going to stick their ads on videos the advertisers won't want to be associated with. So those videos are worthless to YouTube, and get demonetized. A competing site isn't going pay a video creator unless it can sell ads from the same advertisers on it's videos.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it's much more about what it's advertisers want.

If you watched the video, you'd know Walsh was bringing in 100K per month from advertisers. Advertisers aren't the problem. They don't give a shit what you say, all they care about are clicks.

I only go there for how-to videos anymore. If you don't pay for their "premium" service, they're garbage. Can't get through a four minute how-to video without three minutes worth of commercials.

Posts: 10760 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I mostly watch it on my desktop that has an ad blocker installed. I don't get ads (which I do on my tablet.)

quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
I think it's much more about what it's advertisers want.

If you watched the video, you'd know Walsh was bringing in 100K per month from advertisers. Advertisers aren't the problem. They don't give a shit what you say, all they care about are clicks.

I only go there for how-to videos anymore. If you don't pay for their "premium" service, they're garbage. Can't get through a four minute how-to video without three minutes worth of commercials.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
I mostly watch it on my desktop that has an ad blocker installed.

That's a good work-around, but I'm usually on my phone leaning over an engine trying to find out how to get a 10mm bolt out of an 8mm hole when I need it most. Smile

I'm not worried for Mr. Walsh. I'm sure he'll land on his feet on another platform, and I applaud his stance on compelled speech.

Silencing the opposition is the ultimate indicator of a weak argument - like canceling dem primary debates.

Posts: 10760 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
From the video, it sounds like Matt Walsh handled this well.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24172 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post