SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally the RS6 Avant is coming to the states!!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally the RS6 Avant is coming to the states!!!!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/g8gw8B939Eo

Too bad I likely won’t be able to afford the 2020 model until 2030.
I will own one some day I hope! I do miss my 2001 A4 Avant it was a hoot of a car! Most comfortable best driving and handling car I have owned.
Was not blazing fast but man it was so smooth in the corners and so smooth on long trips.

590 hp
591 tq
0-60 3.5 seconds
17.3” brakes
100k+ would be my guess

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25435 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Awesome machine. Will likely be priced similarly to E63 AMG. I'd guess $120k.

Posts: 11363 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Damn, I told the guy at Audi if they imported one I'd buy one.
I'm a man of my word, just give me a few years.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4620 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted a performance station wagon. My wife considers it a defect in character. The cost of a high-end German car is bad enough. The maintenance / repair costs are the killer. The Audi RS6 is a fine looking option.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
The maintenance / repair costs are the killer.

Cheaper than a wife.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4620 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
exciting, but my next car is going to be electric.

Posts: 8151 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
First off, what an awesome commercial, better than 99% of Super Bowl ones. I have a similar love affair with Firebirds (see email address).

Second off, I want. I have for some odd reason always been a fan of powerful station wagons oddly. I really, really, really want one.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
And here I had myself convinced I was 100% satisfied with my ‘18 Accord 2.0....

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I had the last version of the RS6 that was imported to the US, but it wasn't an Avant. I'm hoping Audi restores their Euro Delivery program in time to pick up a new Avant next year in Ingolstadt

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Awesome machine. Will likely be priced similarly to E63 AMG. I'd guess $120k.

And the E63 Estate is the one I'd put my money on, if I had enough for such a purchase.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15364 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I don't get it, but I love it. Volkswagen is terminating sales of the Golf Sportswagen in the US after this year, but now Audi brings the RS6 Avant to the US market. The RS6 Avant is simply gorgeous, and I can already hear the exhaust rumble.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Base price here in UK is £90K... add a few must-haves, like those crazy 22" wheels and the speed upgrades, and the cost rises rapidly to £120K.

Even with the appalling £/$ rate today, that's $150K.

Nice though.

I'll stay with my M-B AMG Prestige station wagon, thanks. At least the mileage is better at 45 miles per USG.

However, my MAIN reason for not buying into the new Audi is one of long-standing poverty, else I'd be right there with all you plutocrats in the sales line.

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Always had a thing for sports wagons. If I were in the market for a passenger car that would be high on the list

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Incredible video and sounds like a great car!

Posts: 3735 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at the local dealer yesterday making a deal on a Q5 and we were talking about it. It is about time Audi brought this across the pond! I will most likely never have one as the cost is way out of our reach, but it is fun to dream about it. We had an A6 Avant and loved that car. That had the 2.8 in it and was fast. Holy sheet this this will be a rocket. Sleeper to those that don't know. This is not your mothers grocery getter.

Posts: 3667 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, I've warmed up to station wagons, that's one nice machine.

Posts: 14672 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Nice but I would really like if they brought in the normal A4 Avant

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The ‘99 A4 Avant was a gorgeous car! But I guess they didn’t sell many.

Posts: 18087 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Just watched this commercial for the sixth time. Got a tear in my eye every single damn time. I'm going to start buying lotto tickets. I want that wagon so freaking bad.

Best comment in the comments section:

Men - You can't make me cry

Audi - Hold my rings

Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wait till the warranty expires, you'll be able to buy one for 6 to 8 thousand dollars. Just be aware the it will likely cost 700 to 900 bucks a month to keep it running and roadworthy.

PS; Why the German manufacturers charge so much for parts I do not know but one certain effect of that policy is that when they are out of warranty the value heads for the sewer.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5660 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post