SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Long day today. Active shooter at UNC-Charlotte
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long day today. Active shooter at UNC-Charlotte Login/Join 
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Riley Howard, a hero. What a brave young man.

I can't help but think that he could be alive if he'd been armed and been able to shoot back instead of tackling the thug.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
I can't help but think that he could be alive if he'd been armed and been able to shoot back instead of tackling the thug.

I was hesitant to take the conversation to the political zone so quickly, but I kept thinking the exact same question while thinking about the tragic loss of this young man.

Posts: 282 | Location: Central PA | Registered: November 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Nice to see the family getting the support from their friends and neighbors. This is America.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
There's a push to have a military funeral for this hero. He was in college ROTC.

I think it's fitting. I hope they do.

Outside of the investigation, and not related to my position at work, I indirectly know of the employee of the gunshop whom sold the gun to the suspect. He is devastated.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That shit aint fun, Brother.

Im happy you came out OK. I was at the Mercy Hospital shooting here in Chicago.

Not
Good

One of these day's, I'd like to pick your brain about what happened, what could have gone better.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I just don't understand how someone could do this. And I am grateful for young men like Riley. The best outcome has been the focus on this hero not the insanity of the shooter.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post