SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    mergers and acquisitions question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mergers and acquisitions question Login/Join 
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted
How do I get the lowdown on a "foundation" the has placed a bid on an old church in town???? their web site is all rainbows and sprinkles. I want to know the who, what when where why and how.

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I research an entity I start at the Sec of State web site. All legal entities are required to register in most states. If they have a physical presence you can also go to most tax assessor web sites.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guidestar.org may have IRS form 990 or 990PF filings available. Corporate listings will provide superficial information, but the form 990 should have more granular detail about the organization, including names of its donors above a certain threshold.

Posts: 713 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post