SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone setup Windows 11 and have multiple Microsoft accounts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone setup Windows 11 and have multiple Microsoft accounts? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I am getting a new laptop and it will have Windows 11 Home, not Pro, at least not out of the box.

This will be my own personal laptop that I also use for work. I primarily use a desktop at work.

I have my own personal Microsoft email. I also have a work MS 365 account that gives me the full Office suite license to use.

Setup of Home requires a MS account. I am curious if there will be any issues setting Win 11 up under my personal account but all other uses Outlook, Office, One Drive, etc. would use my work account.

As a bonus question, I also need a way to have a clean login with program access but nothing else for presentations. Is that possible as well?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Answer to question 1 is no.

I'm not sure I understand question 2, but from what I think you are trying to say, the answer is yes.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You can initially set it up that way but I would switch it to a local logon afterwards.
On the latter you can set it up with whatever MS account you want.
So I concur with NikonUser.

Posts: 22844 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Question 2 means I want a way to log on to a clean computer as an option, meaning no personal bookmarks, client files, docs, etc. I want to be able to put a few specific files on it and use either PowerPoint or a photo viewer or Zoom with the desktop shared.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you sure it's "Required"? Setting up Win10 they made it look like it was required but I was able to set it up without any MS account.

This article explains setting up Win11 without an MS Account and the benefits of having the account.

https://www.xda-developers.com...osoft-local-account/

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I’ve setup a W11 machine WITHOUT a MS Account.
The option to avoid MS is still there is you don’t rush and look closely at your initial options.

You might have to go as far as to the choice where You don’t have the MS Account information and the alternative is to set up a Local Account.

W10 was the same way.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12089 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Just got a computer with 11. This is what I did to setup without an MS Account.

"..hit Shift-F10, type “taskmgr” in the command
prompt window, and kill the process called “Network connection flow.”

https://www.extremetech.com/ex...with-a-local-account

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1720 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post