SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Retirement Day
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retirement Day Login/Join 
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CQB60:
My compliments on arriving on this day injury free! Enjoy your well earned pension Sir! Any planned changes liking moving to another state have your thoughts?[/QUOT

No, no plans to move to another state. Just look at the Missoura thread for reasons!

Really, just bought five and a half acres with a nice little house and outbuildings in the middle of nowhere. Going to plant a walnut and pecan orchard.

Posts: 833 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Well done. Enjoy!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Excellent! I made the jump 4 months ago.

Posts: 9058 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
Today is my last day at work.

Congratulations!

(I retired two weeks ago today.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and enjoy the new lifestyle.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, best of luck in your new chapter of life Smile

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I retired once. Then my daughter was accepted into an expensive university. Oh well.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Yahoo!!!!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! That's got to be a great feeling.

Posts: 3598 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Congratulations indeed, it's a great life following retirement!

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats, your gonna love it!

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, and welcome to the club!

Posts: 4011 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

I am so looking forward to the day I can retire.

Enjoy!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This made me think about how many jobs I have had since 1990. I'm on my 13th. Eek

Posts: 27986 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Congrats

Posts: 6894 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sounds awesome, hope you enjoy every minute of retirement. Like many others here I'm counting it down also, 5 years...

Posts: 218 | Location: NC | Registered: February 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!! Enjoy your retirement.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post