SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Retirement Day
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retirement Day Login/Join 
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted
Today is my last day at work. I've been in my job since 1990 and have been eligible for full pension for the last three years. I've been running the numbers and figured I could make it provided I work a few hours a week. So off I go!

Posts: 833 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Congrats!! Enjoy your retirement!

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1529 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Yes, congratulations. Hope to follow you in a few months. Enjoy!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5293 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I retired seven months ago and have not regretted it for a minute.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.
Similar situation to yours as I started in 1991. We just had what should be a positive change in management. If it is positive I'll stick around a bit longer. If not I'll be joining you in retirement.

Posts: 1971 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

That's the year I started off in the work place, too, ( though I bailed out a few years ago ).

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you. I'm not to far behind you.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7659 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I'm looking at about another four years.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38712 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1180 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Hopefully you can find a little something to keep you busy.

Posts: 5627 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
My compliments on arriving on this day injury free! Enjoy your well earned pension Sir! Any planned changes liking moving to another state have your thoughts?

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
27 years. Congratulations!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19697 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
Enjoy!

4 more years for me!

GGF

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Just a couple years left for me.

Posts: 5698 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Congrats! 1868 weeks and I max out on 2Jan 2021. Hope it snows like a SOB on the 3rd!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I hope to be joining the retirement crowd in two years, three years max

Posts: 245 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you for making it to retirement. I'll never forget the day in 2011 when my financial adviser called me and suggested we get together. My first thought was "oh, oh what now". He ended up looking me in the eye and said "I see no reason for you to keep working if you don't want too". We ended up retiring debt free and making a few hundred more a month than when we were working. The greatest feeling of freedom I've ever experienced. I hope you have the same feelings we did.

Good luck on your new life.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you! June 30th was my retirement date, 47 years in auto dealership parts departments, from the ground up to management, gave up management and went back to counterman. About a week and a half I thought "did I do the right thing?" but I came back to my senses and realized that I had.

I now work part-time in a Harley dealership parts department three days a week. So in a nutshell I have two weekends a week as my work schedule usually gives me Tuesday and Wednesday off as well as Friday and Saturday off. And a lot less B.S. too.....

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8127 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome.

I have 589 days left, but who is counting?

Posts: 268 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post