SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tell me about the current Ford Mustangs (2015-2017), any ownersere? *UPDATE pg 4*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about the current Ford Mustangs (2015-2017), any ownersere? *UPDATE pg 4* Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
When I was counseling a friend about buying a Porsche, I told him of the issues involved but said at the end:

If you must have one, get the fastest one you can afford. The same goes for Mustangs.

I had an original Boss 302 (1970), one of the most fun cars I ever had.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go drive a Camaro and you can thank me when you get back. The sixth Generation Camaro is destroying the Mustang in every category.

Posts: 75 | Registered: June 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Azone:
Go drive a Camaro and you can thank me when you get back. The sixth Generation Camaro is destroying the Mustang in every category.

See earlier post... if they gave me one, I would sell it.

PS- Mustang reportedly is "roomier"...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10942 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Except the "we took bailout money" category. Which is going to trump my decision every time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My wife and I have owned 4 convertibles in our married life.

I don't ever want to be without one.

Go with the big daddy drop top and turn up the music. Get a couple of Tommy Bahama shirts, a pair of Maui Jims and head off into the great outdoors.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4226 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing I will say is don't get the ecoboost because of mileage concerns. They do good on EPA tests where they are driven like there is an egg between your foot and the accelerator. In the real workd they suck the fuel.

If most of your driving is highway it will do good otherwise forget it.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The V6 has enough power to get you in trouble...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
You'll get around 25MPG from the V-8 on the highway.
Hard to believe but true.
In town though, 17.

Not at all unbelievable, I can get 21 in an F150 4x4 on hi way, 22k on the clock and lifetime average is 18.8

Very nearly the same numbers I got in a '87 Bronco II.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, except looks, room inside, and visibility out of the car.

To the OP, if you really want the GT, it sounds like you can get a great deal on one, go for it....you only live once.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

To the OP, if you really want the GT, it sounds like you can get a great deal on one, go for it....you only live once.

And price. Maybe I'm the odd man out but the prices on some of these cars now-a-days is borderline insane. 40k for a non-V8 mustang? No way. Camaros are even more insane.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I vote for the Mustang!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you would love the Mustang. I had 3 of them over the years.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
The V6 has enough power to get you in trouble...

This, rented one a couple months ago....damn, not only is it sexy as hell....arguably the sexiest since 67'-68' but even the V6 is quick. Seats were comfy and I honestly enjoyed driving it....viability was quite ok as well.

I had heard the finally addressed the rear axle, if that is the case....jump on the 5.0!

The Camaro is bloated in my opinion and it's a GM product <<hack>>

If I could affordd 2 cars 1 would be a new GT.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Get the Mustang GT 5.0, you will enjoy it. You are listing 2014-2017. The 14 is the last year of the S197 platform (2005-2014.) The 15-17 are the newer S550 platform. Other than the obvious body design difference the S550 has Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) and the 14 and older have a solid rear axle. The 5.0 motor will basically be the same between the platforms, unless you get the GT350 - is a whole different beast. The current V6 has more HP than 4.6 V8 had when it was replaced by the 5.0 in 2011. I am in the, Mustangs shouldn't have 4 cyl motors, camp.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:

And price. Maybe I'm the odd man out but the prices on some of these cars now-a-days is borderline insane. 40k for a non-V8 mustang? No way. Camaros are even more insane.

I paid under $40K ,out the door for a 2017 1SS Camaro in November. SS package, 8 spd Auto, extra cost paint, wheels and performance exhaust. It easily does a 4.5 sec 0-60 and a mid 12's 1/4 mile. Handling is phenomenal as well.

The view from the Gen 6 cars does take all of 5 minutes to get used to. I've driven a few exotics that were FAR worse.

FN in MT

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Get the GT! Get the best and then you don't have to look back.

I want a new one but I love the 04 I've already got and it's only got 24k miles plus Jack Roush signed my glove box door. Cool I do agree with others in that I don't want to be w/out a convertible. I've had 200 hp bassboats for 25 years and fast motorcycles since the 70s but at age 66 cracking gears on a fast ragtop gives me and mama lots of fun.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
I recently bought a 2017 GT350. It's my daily driver.

I like your style. Smile

Posts: 10754 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Im a mopar guy but regardless which muscle car you like a V8 is a requirement as long as theyre available, unless you can go bigger Wink. Enjoy your new ride OP

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1237 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Right now there are some crazy good deals on used 2015 Mustang V6 convertibles. Most are low miles around 30k. Be aware that all of them are rental cars that got sold back. You can tell by the cloth seats and weird stereo that has a tiny screen.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
There are 2 major differences between 14 and 15 5.0 motors. The 15 gets a forged rotating assembly similar to the Boss 5.0 Motors and the heads are revised slightly. The sky is the ceiling for the potential of the Coyote motor. With billet oil pump gears, guys are doing over 1000 HP with a stock motor. I don't have bilit gears justjn mine yet, so I'm a conservative 745 at the flywheel.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post