SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our Market is Red Hot for Toys
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Market is Red Hot for Toys Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
In the last week, my wife and I have sold a Hobie Tandem Kayak, a Kawasaki Teryx4 Side by side and. PJ 14’ trailer. We advertised them on Craigslist and everything sold within 24 hours of the ads posting. We had 8 people lined up for the side x side and one guy offered $1,000 over what I was asking. Now I wasn’t giving this stuff away - everything sold for about 20% over what I thought the items were worth.

We’re downsizing and selling stuff we just don’t need or use any longer. It’s a great time to sell, folks.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a great time to sell, outdoor/active type equipment. I can tell you there are certain toys that are more luxury items like custom knives and vintage watches where the market is pretty cool at the moment.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
We have a camper I’ve considered selling. I need to move on that.

Posts: 741 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pawprintsdoc:
We have a camper I’ve considered selling. I need to move on that.

HURRY ! I've camped for years, and season is quickly running out.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Yep, I feel like I may have missed my window at this point.

Posts: 741 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
This year I have seen so many more people getting outdoors. Which is good in some way but many of them don't know how to treat the environment.

It's been getting worse for years.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Might be time to sell my Yamaha Raptor 700.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
And I may want to try moving my Honda S2000.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Used items like campers, boats, jet skis, atvs, etc are commanding a premium because new stock isn’t available anywhere and people are looking for things to do.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

Doc, I would highly suggest using www.bringatrailer.com for your S2000. I'd make you an offer, but I have a vehicle I'm working on getting listed on BaT, myself.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Used items like campers, boats, jet skis, atvs, etc are commanding a premium because new stock isn’t available anywhere and people are looking for things to do.

Add motorcycles and bicycles as well.

I was speaking with the district ranger at Kumbrabow State Park, WV and he said previous years occupancy at the campground averaged around 20%, this year over 70% and by reservation only now.

I can't wait for this virus to go away so all those new campers can go back to whatever they used to do.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I've been buying/selling used fishing boats for over 30 years. I love playing with them and often make a little walking around money. Normally August is a great time to buy but the good ones are selling fast, usually within a couple days, if not hours, of CL ads being posted. New prices continue to rise and and a high tide lifts all ships. Study long - study wrong. If you see what you want, pull the trigger or you'll be a wish I had.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Normally August is a great time to buy but the good ones are selling fast, usually within a couple days, if not hours,...

Interesting.

First it was bicycles. Now all sorts of outdoor equipment. I think it's great. I hope it continues. I hope people realize how much fun life can be without sitting and watching 'pro sports' as a spectator. Get out and enjoy the outdoors!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

No, No.....not the S2000. I wouldn't dream of parting with my 2006. Best car I've ever owned - and - I can drive it 4 months of the year in Montana.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post