SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had a stroke… Update Page 4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had a stroke… Update Page 4 Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
Was sitting and watching Netflix this past Friday night when all of sudden my right hand quit working. When my wife asked what was wrong and I tried to answer, nothing but mumbling would come out!

This is a journey I wasn’t prepared for, but I have no choice now. No idea how long I will be in the hospital, but hopefully home soon as this is pure misery!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bronicabill,

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4544 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that.

Given your ability to communicate, I assume you've regained at least some function?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15178 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear. Wishing you the best with the challenges ahead. Stay positive.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Heal well, the few people I know that had one all recovered 100%. Praying for the same for you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20748 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
My wife had one on March 27, been doing Rehab .
Hers was a bad one on Right side.
She is recovering very well and has gained alot of movement.
Dr. Told her 6 months and she should be alot better.
From what it looks like you have to reprogramming brain to function.
It is working just keep up the rehab.
Look on the bright side you are still with us.

Posts: 2488 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers and hope sent your way.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Hoping for the best possible outcome!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and a prayer sent your way.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Darn Bill, at least you were there with your wife to get you to help. Hoping for a quick and complete recovery!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7036 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent Bill. Please keep us updated as you can.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Bill, it sounds like your wife reacted quickly and correctly and got you to the hospital. Good. Get well soon.

Posts: 13162 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that, Bill

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Ouch! Good luck with the recovery Bill!

Posts: 13732 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just prayed for a speedy and full recovery for you Bill!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Wishing and praying for a speedy recovery for you.

Posts: 3696 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heal up Sir!

Posts: 3579 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers! Get better soon!!

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Geez, BB, real sorry to hear this.

I had a Branch Retina Artery Occlusion about a year ago. Ophthalmologist was exceedingly concerned, after diagnosing that, and had me admitted to a hospital for an immediate stroke evaluation.

They cleared me, but still...

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25999 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery for you sir.

Posts: 1198 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. What I learned from mine.
-your emotions will be messed up (doctor didn’t tell me that) I get angry easy and cry at things that never bothered me before
-it will take up to a year for your brain to try and reprogram itself to work around the damaged area
-being overwhelming tired is an effect and it’s your brain working on getting you back to par
-you may trip or have issues with the right side leg and hand
-you may have some kind of “seizure” up to two years after the stroke (mine looked like I was having another stroke-same symptoms)

There’s more but I can’t think of them right now

I hope they find what caused it. Mine was from a torn artery. It healed and my risk for another is down to almost nil.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11239 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post