SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Had a stroke… Update Page 4
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had a stroke… Update Page 4 Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Glad you're home, Bill. Rest and recover.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Glad you are getting better.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34073 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you are home now. Rest and keep getting better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
So glad you got there in time.

Hope the healing process is swift and complete.

Posts: 14998 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Glad you got there in time for the TPA. I didn’t. But the second time I had stroke like symptoms I did get it. They put me in the Intensive Care for three days. That sucked, no sleep, they wake you every hour for tests etc….

Wait till you start getting the bills! That’ll make you BP go up. My TPA shot was $40k…of course we didn’t pay that. But we did make the out of pocket on that one event for the year.

I hope you suffer no long last effects.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11239 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you're home. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4886 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Amazing at how much better understanding and treating of strokes than when I witnessed my grandfather suffer a stroke in 1969 and the next ten years of his life.

Very happy to read you and your wife caught it fast and got treated by good folks!

Hope you heal well, and quickly.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43802 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Good to hear you are doing well. As others have noted, stroke treatment has come a LONG way. My mother in law had a massive stroke, required urgent brain surgery and she has done amazingly well in her recovery.

Probably 95% or better as far as physical function.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10912 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Bill, strokes are way more survivable W/O major long term issues if treatment is quick…I survived one on April 14 2019…my daughter, who lives a mile down the road happened to stop by my house with the grandkids for an impromptu visit (if she had been 30 minutes later I would not be OK) and found me thrashing around my bathroom and called 911…I got to take a Lifeforce helicopter ride from Cleveland TN to the stroke treatment center at Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga…had a totally blocked carotid artery…the Erlanger emergency Docs were able to administer an anti clot medication and install a stent in the artery…three days in the hospital and I was able to come home and sorta get back into my regular routine…hang in there Brother, a stroke can be beat with updated medical treatments…my mom had a stroke in 1972 and never recovered from it and ended up in a nursing home until her death…her ordeal was 180 degrees from mine but her experience made me understand the signs of a stroke, so as an example, she maybe saved my life or my future being in an assisted living scenario Frown …prayers for continued healing…again, hang in there!…and never take a day in our life for granted, it can change in a second Smile schrack…keeping your wife as well as you in my thoughts and prayers.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Praying for a complete recovery without any negative affects in Jesus's name. AMEN !!! God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
That's great news

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5128 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about the stroke. Very glad you got the clot buster in time.

Posts: 3126 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good information to be aware of as far as strokes are concerned…it could save you life or someone you love…F.A.S.T.

https://www.cdc.gov/stroke/signs_symptoms.htm

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Every day shows a tiny bit of improvement. Still cannot write with my right hand, but otherwise much better. Was able to do my 4473 on my new vintage 226 the other day on a tablet, so that was nice.

Thanks for all of the prayers and good thoughts from everyone!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4544 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good update my friend…still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Smile Smile Smile

Jimmy Buffet

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Keep going, Bill! Finish getting better.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May you recover quickly!

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post