SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What kind of bike (with pedals) do you, or did you ride? Post pics!!!
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What kind of bike (with pedals) do you, or did you ride? Post pics!!! Login/Join 
come and take it
posted Hide Post
911Boss I think you are really going to like that new bike with the Bosch motor! I've only had one long ride on an ebike but it was a lot of fun and an ebike is in my future.

Stickman, thanks for starting and keeping this thread going. I need it during the winter doldrums. We got to 80° today and I hope to be riding this weekend. I had a mountain bike crash and broke my collar bone on a ride in October and I haven't ridden a lick since. Here's a pic of my Stumpjumper from last summer in Colorado. Saturday will be my first ride in 4 months!

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1891 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Funny how bikes are just one more thing like guns and camera equipment that seem so easy to drop big coin on once you get over the “first” expensive one.

Three years ago I was like ”$800 is a LOT of money for a bicycle”. Two years ago I was like ”$1100 isn’t too bad for this bicycle”. Last year I was like ”$1400 is a good deal for what I am getting…” and last week I was like ”Only $3500? Wow, I was expecting to pay more…” Big Grin

Ah, Grasshopper, you have finally found enlightenment! Big Grin

I have been cycling for many years so when I bought my BMC Roadmachine (featured at the top of page 10), I had no illusions about the price. However, it was what I wanted so it was just a number to me. I was actually more worried about paying a premium as supply was still lagging behind demand and there were none to be found. It took me five months to find one but I only paid MSRP, so I was very happy. By the time I added the new wheelset and other accessories, the bike, as pictured, is somewhere around $7300 invested but I really don't think about it that much. I just go out and enjoy the ride....and try not to crash. Big Grin

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:
Stickman, thanks for starting and keeping this thread going. I need it during the winter doldrums. We got to 80° today and I hope to be riding this weekend.

I hear ya! I've been on the smart trainer and Zwift all Winter. We had a beautiful Saturday a few weeks go and about 20 of us from the local club went out for a ride. It was my first outdoor ride since November and it was great! Of course, the weather turned around and it has been crappy ever since. However, it's slowly warming up again and it appears that next week might yield some outdoor riding. Fingers crossed!

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Specialized mountain bike, don't remember model. After knee surgery went wrong many years ago. I finally got it out and went for a ride on Monday. I'm still sore, it was only a few miles. Smile

Good news minor knee pain, less good news is next ride is probably limited to 3-5mi. I used to do 30-40mi on a mountain bike with 2" tires.

Hopefully I can work myself back up to close to where I used to be. If I fuck my knee(s) up hopefully they can fix previous surgeries. Oddly/sadly both my wrists and back are slightly sore from approx 3mi ride.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
He is converting it to a 72V 5,000w (6,500w peak power) mid-drive electric mountain bike that will make 260 Nm (191 ft lbs) of torque.

What is the name of that mid-drive unit? I have a bike I might want to upgrade with that.

Synthplayer, on his first test with the new CYC mid-drive motor my friend hit 53 mph on flat land. Eek

He said he is positive it has more speed but he is scared to open it up fully until he gets used to it. Apparently it has enough torque to throw you off the bike at 30 mph!!!

I cannot wait to test ride it. It sounded a lot like the things people say after their first experience on a 1000cc superbike motorcycle! Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Serotta Titanium

Bianchi Pista Via Brera fixie

Kestrel Talon SL

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I'm jealous of the Serotta Titanium. For years I wanted a custom/made to measure Serotta, couldn't afford it and then they went out of business. I just looked them up and I see that after 8 years they are back in business. I have had a fancy $300 bike fit session and after 3 hours on the road bike I get uncomfortable. My summer time Saturday rides can frequently go 4 or 5 hours. Don't get me wrong I am not fast, just like to go on a long group rides. I'm built short legs/ long torso and think custom might help. How do you like the ride of your titanium frame?

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1891 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Today was a VERY GOOD day at work. It was slow enough that I got to assemble and ride my Standard STA500. The previous pics were from the seller. It’s FUN! I also got a chance to test ride my friend’s home brew electric mountain bike.

I’ve wanted this exact color Standard STA since 1999! I finally got one and it’s so much fun to ride. She is built like a brick shit house. Look at the thickness of those rims! Eek

Now onto something a bit different.

To say this bike is mental is a gross understatement. It’s Yamaha R1 scary. My first ride on it had my two coworkers and myself laughing our asses off.

I went to pedal hard to get going not realizing the bike motor is “torque sensing” so the harder you pedal the more power it provides. I unknowingly got a full power hit as soon as I got on the bike and it popped a wheelie and tossed me off the back with quickness.

Thankfully, I landed on my feet and recovered by holy shit and a hand bag this thing has ungodly amounts of torque. I had to lean forward while on the throttle to keep the front wheel down. It is the most mental two wheel thing I’ve ever tossed my leg over.

I would love to do the power to weight ratio math on it because I bet it is eyebrow raising.

If my friend is ok with it I’ll post up a video of him doing a flyby later on. He hit over 50mph on a short side street near the bike shop!!! For now here are some pics of the most powerful Marin and possibly the most powerful electric mountain bike on the East Coast. Cool

I totally have to buy a CYC motor like this now. It’s so wild!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
She is built like a brick shit house. Look at the thickness of those rims!

It's not just the thickness I'm looking at, it also the number of spokes. Hard to tell from the photos but I think I counted about 48 on the front. You'd probably kill yourself before you ever trash those wheels!

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Crazy thing is the Standard STA500 is noticeably heavier than my large steel frame 29er hard tail mountain bike, which is twice its size and is also sporting a chromoly steel frame! Eek

I need to weigh it. It might be heavier than my full suspension 29er MTBs!!!

A human would break before that bike suffered any broken bits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:
^^^^^
I'm jealous of the Serotta Titanium. For years I wanted a custom/made to measure Serotta, couldn't afford it and then they went out of business. I just looked them up and I see that after 8 years they are back in business. I have had a fancy $300 bike fit session and after 3 hours on the road bike I get uncomfortable. My summer time Saturday rides can frequently go 4 or 5 hours. Don't get me wrong I am not fast, just like to go on a long group rides. I'm built short legs/ long torso and think custom might help. How do you like the ride of your titanium frame?

I got fitted and bought my Legend in 1998.F1 fork, Dura Ace with a triple crank. Like you, I'm not fast, just like to ride. Also, I made myself a second set of sew-up wheels. They ride nice. Smile For clinchers I use Vittoria opens. Very nice ride. I'm, 56.5 square, so a custom fit was required.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Here is what I was doing last Saturday. Big Grin

This ebike is such a BEAST!!! I was a bit out gunned on my BMX bike. Hahahaha

Enjoy. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks to some warm weather for late February my son and I got to get in some time on the trails.

The green Soma Valhallen he is riding in the pic is considerably lighter than the Standard BMX bike I posted up pics of earlier. Big Grin That mid-school Standard bike is an absolute tank.

I got in some trail time with my mullet Specialized Status and had a pedal strike. I love the way a mullet bike handles but the loss of ground clearance with a 27.5 rear tired does come with its disadvantages.

I don’t regret buying the Specialized. On downhill sections the bike really shines.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Working at a bike shop has its perks.

I have been able to witness firsthand just how much of a difference top spec carbon wheels make on a bicycle. One lady’s gravel bike shed 3.7 lbs just by swapping to top of the line carbon wheels. She noticed an improvement in ride quality along with the weight advantage!

Getting into bikes and understanding the pricing is a gradual process. A few years ago I would consider spending more than a grand on a mountain bike to be insane. I am now in the process of building up a carbon wheel set with my boss at the shop that will end up costing close to two grand!

That might seem excessive but I will be getting wheels with a life time warranty and Industy 9 hubs that are 100% manufactured in Asheville North Carolina. I love that I can support American manufacturing while upgrading the performance of my brand new Scott Genius 900 trail bike!

As an added bonus I will be able to use the old aluminum wheels on another bike build which is always fun! Big Grin

Industy 9 also has a configurator that allows quite a bit of customization/personalization when having wheels custom built! You can select the individual color of every single spoke!

I am leaning towards alternating black and silver spokes with silver hubs but I might go with black hubs.

Black and gold is interesting too

I don’t think I’ll go with the skittles rainbow colors

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
New bike day!! Sort of… I recently scooped up a super slack masterpiece that I intend to build up properly. Behold the Kona Honzo ESD (Extra Slack Dude). This is my first Kona bike so I am excited to build it to my specs. With a 63° head tube angle and full chromoly tubing this is a SUPER aggressive enduro/downhill focused hard tail that can handle an absolute ton of abuse. I’m hoping it climbs a bit better than my 27.5 Chromag Stylus.

It’s not a light frame set coming in at 7 something pounds (I’ll weigh it at work tomorrow). It certainly feels almost twice as heavy as my thinner heat treated chromoly tubed Soma Juice (light blue bike I posted a while back). This bike like the Soma Juice also has adjustable dropouts and the ability to be run as a single speed. I don’t think I’ll set this one up as a single speed.

I have a nice SRAM carbon fiber crankset inbound along with a Z1 Bomber fork in 170mm, which is 20mm more travel than the bike was designed for. I’ll eventually source a better & lighter 150mm fork that was designed for this frame’s geometry.

No, this one won’t be converted to electric. It will be a build that I eventually want to come in under 26 lbs. I think is a very attainable goal. It should make for a very fun and stout hardtail mountain bike.

The frame might look black but it’s more of a black cherry pearl and looks really good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Mine is so hi-tech, you would not understand.

Jef

Big Grin

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post