SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any fellow Tundra Dwellers started plants yet?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any fellow Tundra Dwellers started plants yet? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Thanks to that friggin' Nor'easter, there's a foot of snow on the ground but my green thumb is itching, so I grabbed a bag of potting soil and my stash of pots and started a mess of Gerbera Red Daisies.

I'll make a run tomorrow and pick up a bag of peat pots so I can start a bunch of Tangerine Marigolds too.

They won't get transplanted outdoors until at least mid-April and quite possibly late April, but they need the head start up here above the Arctic Circle.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15274 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My new plants are roses and edible plants. I set out 4 new roses as bare root plants.....already have some new growth. We don't have any snow here, but have had some chilly nights. I have seeds germinating for my okra and El Grande Jalapenos, plus have planted my red onions sets......they are starting to come up. I enjoy growing(and eating) my plants.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
After a few years of layoff, I believe I'll do a small veggie garden again this year.

I quit because the goddamn deer were eating everything AND because getting down on my knees and weeding is no longer an option. Plan B is raised (REALLY raised, like 30") beds in the back yard with hoops and nets over them to keep the salad bar off limits.

Carrots, radishes, beets and string beans for starters. Maybe a 'mater plant or two.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15274 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post