SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cheaper Than Dirt price gouging (again)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheaper Than Dirt price gouging (again) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Back in the early 2000's they had a retail store near me that had really cheap ammo. It was also good for magazines and military surplus. This may have been before they had online sales. It's a shame they've turned into the sleazy vultures they are now.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3546 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
They have been on my blacklist for years, for exactly this.

How ANYONE still buys from them is beyond me. I get their free catalog as free reading material for the bathroom. Thats it.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David Byrne. “Same as it ever was”

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
They have been on my blacklist for years, for exactly this.

How ANYONE still buys from them is beyond me. I get their free catalog as free reading material for the bathroom. Thats it.

For the same reason Springfield Armory is still in business.. time goes by and people forget what these assholes did. After the sandy hook shooting I took a mental note of what gun stores around me were price gouging and I never spent another dime at any of them again.

Posts: 3372 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I guess we forget the past..... there are still people buying their shit. PEOPLE, STOP!!!!Never order from them again.Choke them out!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never bought from them, and never will. But clearly that puts me and most of the rest of us in a very small minority, or CTD would long ago have been out of business.

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Turning off a whole new generation of gun owners.

I don't care what they sell their ammo for. It's a free market, it self corrects. Eventually they will have pissed off enough people that they won't have anyone left to piss off.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20845 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Too many motherfuckers kept buying from those shit dicks after the last great ammo famine price rape, therefore they remain in business to gouge yet again.

Posts: 3162 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
It is simply well beyond my comprehension why anyone, specifically long time gun owners, is still doing business with those pieces of shit. How have they not gone out of business yet?

What he said.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7659 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Too many motherfuckers kept buying from those shit dicks after the last great ammo famine price rape, therefore they remain in business to gouge yet again.

This ^^^. I don't think I could express my feeling any better.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I'll still buy from them. You need ammo, they have it. If you can find a better deal elsewhere, buy there instead. I'm just glad they are there and I have the option.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3519 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
I'll still buy from them. You need ammo, they have it. If you can find a better deal elsewhere, buy there instead. I'm just glad they are there and I have the option.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Posts: 4989 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ahem...

Apologies to Douglas Adams, but your signature line is just too on-the-nose to pass up the opportunity:

"The customers hate Cheaper Than Dirt and Cheaper Than Dirt takes advantage of their customers."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a free market."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't people like Perception stop buying from them?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got money to spend and they all want ammo, so they all pretty much assume that Cheaper Than Dirt's pricing practices more or less approximate the pricing practices they want."
"You mean he actually still buys from Cheaper Than Dirt?"
"Because if he doesn't buy from Cheaper Than Dirt, then someone else might take advantage of him."

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Ahem...

Apologies to Douglas Adams, but your signature line is just too on-the-nose to pass up the opportunity:

"The customers hate Cheaper Than Dirt and Cheaper Than Dirt takes advantage of their customers."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a free market."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't people like Perception stop buying from them?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got money to spend and they all want ammo, so they all pretty much assume that Cheaper Than Dirt's pricing practices more or less approximate the pricing practices they want."
"You mean he actually still buys from Cheaper Than Dirt?"
"Because if he doesn't buy from Cheaper Than Dirt, then someone else might take advantage of him."

Damn. That was worth a good laugh. Big Grin Perception, of course your welcome to do what you feel is best for you. There are better deals out there right now, way better. Even with this panic buying shit happening right now. Roll Eyes CTD were being assholes about their online sales even before the magic negro took office. A matter of of principle. FUck those motherfuckers. But that's me.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7659 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Ahem...

Haha, that was great. I'll own it though. Their pricing practices do follow what every business should do. They have a product and they price it where they think they can sell it. Other businesses who have that product are free to look at that price and beat it. Consumers of that product are welcome to buy from them if the price is good or shop elsewhere if they can find a better deal.

I won't be buying from them right now because the price isn't good and I'm set on 5.56 for the time being, but if they think they can move it more power to them! There's a reason rent is higher in Nashville than Manchester TN. Same essential product, but greater demand for it in Nashville.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3519 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
When was CTD ever the best price around? I guess I just don't have enough money to burn, so I always shop around for the best price. CTD has never been on my radar because their ammo prices have always, always sucked, even before any panic. If they have loyal customers they can squeeze money out of, more power to them. I'll never be one of them. Then again, I always wonder how car dealerships ever get non-warranty service work. Why do people throw their money away like that? I'll never get it. But there are two kinds of problems in the world - theirs and mine. This is one of theirs.

Posts: 3563 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Only a couple words for CTD and it starts with F and ends with them, the people who buy from them are just as bad. They aren't practicing capitalism, they work on fear and fear alone. It boggles my minds anyone who would buy from them at anytime Roll Eyes

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I hope the executives of CTD all develop IBS that manifests when they're precisely half-way between the toilets at work and the toilets at home, and that it's incurable... but doesn't actually shorten their lifespan.

It goes against my grain to report them for "price gouging," though. I think the whole concept of gouging as a crime is BS.

Posts: 2473 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

And this is why these assholes continue to survive.. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3372 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post