SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Opening night of the Clinton Tour- near empty arena in Toronto
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opening night of the Clinton Tour- near empty arena in Toronto Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
I think 6 bucks is way too much for this dog and pony show Big Grin

"Bill and Hillary Clinton’s 13-city speaking tour opened in Toronto to a near-empty arena and a coughing fit.

The Daily Mail reports that this latest money grab from the Clintons managed to attract only 3,300 in a stadium that holds 19,800 — which works out to 83 percent empty. This figure is made even more embarrassing by the fact that as the date of the event neared, the venue was not able to give tickets away at just $6.55 each . Ticket prices started between $200 and $53 Canadian.

On top of that, in the middle of the event, Hillary had one of her famous coughing fits, which was caught on video.

While the aging Clintons spent much of the night bashing President Trump, they did so in front of a nearly empty room that proves just how out of touch they have both become. The belief they could fill a hockey arena is the worst kind of vanity. Had the event taken place at a smaller venue, the Clintons’ diminishing appeal would not have been quite so obvious.

Meanwhile, Hillary’s nemesis, one Donald Trump, continues to draw crowds who wait in line all day and then fill arenas up to the rafters. "

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-seats-coughing-fit/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see she is still suffering from that nagging cough. Maybe she needs some stronger cough syrup or she should just power through it?

Posts: 7568 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Reminiscent of her inability to fill revival sized tents in California. I’ll be so happy when those two are dead.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15632 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I cannot believe that 3,300 people (in Toronto??) still find the Clintons interesting enough to pay $6.55 each. Are the Clintons planning to enter politics in Canada?

CBP shouldn't have let those two back into the US without a thorough background check.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I see she is still suffering from that nagging cough.
And he is still suffering from the coughing nag?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The Democratic Party, at this point, has pulled so hard left that Bill is a moderate Republican, and Hillary is a right leaning centrist.

They are irrelevant, and only aging boomers will pay to see them.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27022 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
The real question is $6 to much for a Clinton Donkey Show?

Posts: 3162 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
... the Clintons managed to attract only 3,300....

2,900 were probably homeless people that were promised a free meal and a bottle of Night Train if they stayed until the end.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Big Grin

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30440 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Maybe it was all those liberals who threatened to move to Canada if Trump won.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2390 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Why Toronto?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Why Toronto?

Why bother guessing? Who gives a fuck. Let them peddle their nonsense anywhere dumb enough to pay for it.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27022 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Because Canadians don't throw rotten fruit and vegetables.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107758 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Bahhahahha, they probably got a better crowd up in Canada with their friend Treudou or whoever it is.

That fact that they feel the need to do this, either for vanity or the money if HILARIOUS and warms my heart.

I guess all the Clinton Foundation money has dried up. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
And imagine, a significant number of morons wanted this cow as POTUS Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
...such a charming couple with a promising future behind them....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The OP Clinton tour in Canada was from Nov 2018.

Later they postponed sessions in Las Vegas and Sugar Land, Tx.

The tour went on hold for a while. I think it started back up recently.

https://www.investors.com/poli...-tour-ticket-prices/

Posts: 19607 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this tour works like a musical act tour, where a promoter gives the artist a guarantee, then, if that's met with ticket sales, a profit share of concessions and merchandise. Seems to me, in this case, the Clinton Crime Family might have made the same money with an empty house as with a full house, while the promoter eats the loss. Obviously, it's embarrassing for the Clintons to have photos of an empty venue, and that's not good for future bookings. But I don't think they're missing any meals.

Posts: 3563 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On this tour, any bets on whether they book one suite or two ?

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you notice that her jacket shoulders appear to be about 2" higher than one would expect? I think she is wearing a back brace, due to Parkinson's or some other disease.

-c1steve

Posts: 4065 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post