SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Denver Bronco's backup quarterback entered STRANGER'S home at 1:15am... charged with 1st degree criminal trespass (surprised he wasn't shot...)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Denver Bronco's backup quarterback entered STRANGER'S home at 1:15am... charged with 1st degree criminal trespass (surprised he wasn't shot...) Login/Join 
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted
See the bolded parts below... I can't believe he wasn't shot or beaten the eff up. At 1:15am and just casually sits down???? Next to a woman with a child???

Source: Broncos backup quarterback Chad Kelly charged with first-degree criminal trespass
Posted 10:30 am, October 23, 2018
Updated at 02:29PM, October 23, 2018

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Broncos backup quarterback Chad Kelly was arrested on a charge of first-degree criminal trespass early Tuesday morning after entering a home uninvited and sitting down on a couch while mumbling incoherently, the Englewood Police Department said.

Officers responded to the 3200 block of South Lincoln Street about 1:15 a.m. on a report of a man standing outside a residence.

According to an arrest affidavit, one of the homeowners, a woman, was sitting on a couch just inside the front door while holding her young child when Kelly entered uninvited and sat down next to her, mumbling incoherently.

The woman called for her husband Marco Torres, who confronted Kelly and hit him with an aluminum vacuum tube with plastic ends in the upper back as he kicked Kelly out of the house.

Torres told police the doors to the residence were locked, but there were no signs of forced entry, according to the affidavit.

Officers began to search the area after reviewing security video of the front of the house that showed a man wearing dark pants, a white long-sleeve shirt with a brown vest and a red scarf around his neck.

His clothing appeared to be disheveled, police said.

A man matching the description was found inside a black SUV in front of the Gothic Theatre on South Broadway not far from the residence.

The man was detained without incident and he identified himself to officers as Kelly.

Torres was brought to the Gothic Theatre where he positively identified Kelly as the man who entered the residence uninvited.

Torres told officers he wanted to pursue criminal charges. Kelly was then arrested and booked into the Arapahoe County Detention Center.

Police said the investigation is ongoing.

The Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office said because it was not an alcohol-related offense, no information on Kelly's blood-alcohol content would have been in the arrest affidavit.

The arrest affidavit said there was no alcohol in Kelly's system, but no alcohol test was administered, the sheriff's office said.

Kelly made an appearance in an Arapahoe County courthouse later Tuesday morning. He posted a $2,500 bond and is due back in court on Wednesday.

"We are disappointed that Chad Kelly was arrested early this morning," the Broncos said in a statement. "Our organization has been in contact with Chad and we are in the process of gathering more information."

---snip---

Earlier in 2014, Kelly was dismissed from the Clemson football for various offenses, including attitude issues.

"He has had a pattern of behavior that is not consistent with the values of our program," Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said when Kelly was dismissed from the team.

"I hope he will mature and grow from this and become the man and player I know he can be. I wish him nothing but the best in the future academically and athletically."

EDIT TO ADD: Interview with the husband

Source: ‘She was really scared:’ Homeowner describes moment Chad Kelly walked into home

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The homeowner of the residence that Broncos backup quarterback Chad Kelly allegedly entered into uninvited early Tuesday morning is speaking out.

Kelly was arrested early Tuesday morning on a charge of first-degree criminal trespass, according to the Englewood Police Department.

The 24-year-old entered the home, sat down on the couch next to a mom holding her small child and started mumbling incoherently, authorities said.

According to the arrest affidavit, the father, Marco Torres, hit the intruder and chased him out of the home but he was caught on a surveillance camera.

“She was really, really scared. She was with my son on the couch,” said Torres.

Torres said that when Kelly walked into the home, the woman woke him up.

Torres confronted Kelly and hit him with an aluminum vacuum tube with plastic ends in the upper back as he kicked Kelly out of the house.

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Finished at Ole Miss where he was an Eminem wannabe. Also Jim Kelly’s nephew.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Trying to figure out what an “aluminum vacuum tube with plastic ends” really is.

Posts: 26966 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Trying to figure out what an “aluminum vacuum tube with plastic ends” really is.

Some vacuums have a wand extension that consists of an aluminum tube with plastic collars on the ends.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Something like this I assume

Posts: 6357 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking just the extension wand for a vacuum.

Posts: 5169 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most likely more than an attitude problem. Dabo was being polite. I will predict a family spokesperson will announce Chad is entering Rehab. That is the only reasonable option at the present.

Posts: 17294 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I'm thinking just the extension wand for a vacuum.

Sucks for him I guess.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Dag I’m pretty sure I’d have ventilated this fellow had I found him in that position in my home. He got lucky.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Weird.

I know the areas well.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
My old stomping grounds! I lived 2 blocks from the Gothic. I am not surprised he wasn't shot. I don't think most folks have a gun at the ready like most here probably do.

Posts: 5769 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the door was not locked despite what they said (it happens, we are all human).

I would also like to think I wouldn't shoot an unarmed probably drunk man sitting on the couch mumbling...I would damn sure take positive control of the situation though!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
We've seen a number of football players who can function inside the 160 by 360 foot playground but not outside it. Kelly appears to be one of those. Truly strange behavior.

Posts: 4507 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I probably would not have shot him had he entered our house the way the article reads.

He seems to have been intoxicated but peaceful.

I would certainly have called the police, and kept him under very close observation until they took him away.

What is it about these NFL "players"?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25645 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cocaine is a helluva drug.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107792 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Marco Torres, who confronted Kelly and hit him with an aluminum vacuum tube with plastic ends in the upper back

I would have to have been in the midst of a move and have packed up nearly every single thing I own for this to be the best choice of a weapon in any room of my home.

We laughed about this last night while looking around den, bedroom, kitchen, etc. Even leaving out knives and guns, so many better choices!

Guess it sucks to be Marco.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12461 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i know nothing about him. He may have serious mental problems. He could also have a combined metal disorder and the concussions brain injury syndrome that footballers are getting well known for now. Yes he could be just a down and out druggie too. I am not dismissing that idea. But that also might not be the case. He is lucky though to have survived that night. That I agree on.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19257 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somewhat related: The number of drunks making them selves at home in other folks living rooms is quite common here in Marquette. Snoozing on porches and in unsecured vehicles too. Its a college town. Yoopers seem tolerant of these occurrences and no one has been plinked. Yet.
And "the doors were locked but no forced entry" thing?
Nah.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16147 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post