SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Cleaner For Quartz Counter Tops?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Cleaner For Quartz Counter Tops? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Our new kitchen is complete and we went from blue 1950’s Formica to 2022 white/gray quartz.

What is the best cleaner for these counters? Should I be using any specific cloths? Are paper towels OK?

The literature that came with the counters mentioned using microfiber cloths?

It sounds like the one thing to stay away from is anything that is highly alkaline?

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Use the sealer/cleaner/polish on my granite counter - good for quartz too...............

https://granitegold.com/

https://granitegold.com/products/quartz-brite

Deep-cleaning and polishing your quartz and solid-surface counters is simply easy with Granite Gold Quartz Brite, the first combination cleaner and polish formulated specifically for quartz surfaces. It quickly removes all types of spills and soils, leaves a fresh citrus scent, and enhances shine and luster.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Quartz will hold up to almost any cleaner, the microfiber cloth is more important to prevent streaks. I usually get the food junk off with paper towels and whatever cleaner I have in hand, then switch to a microfiber towel and some windex or Lysol.

Anything labeled for multi surface will work. Bleach, diluted properly, is ok, too. Obviously, don’t use oven cleaner. Wink

Post pics of the new kitchen, too!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go easy on the steel wool and sandpaper.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post