SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Experiences with Nissan?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experiences with Nissan? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PghPI:

I will say that I love my 07. I just won't buy another car from Nissan. I replaced it with a 2016 Toyota 4Runner. So far I am very happy with it, but it only has 30k on it. Not even broken in yet! Smile

Bought my 2008 Nissan Pathfinder brand new and it needed a steering rack at something like 12k miles. It also ate tire pressure sensors at about one a month, and when they replaced them at the dealer they always leaked so I constantly put air in the tires. When the radiator failed around 20k miles that was it for me (no transmission damaged, however). I loved driving it but it was such a POS we sold it at around 25k miles.

The new Pathfinders are crossovers and totally different. It's a shame they don't make any smaller truck based SUV's anymore. The 2008 Pathfinder reminded me of a newer/nicer version of the late 90s 4runners. The new 4runners are huge and they don't make any others.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife had a 1998 Pathfinder that she was driving when i met her. She beat the shit out of it and, like most women, subscribed to the "what maintenance school of driving...thing lasted almost 200k and with the exception of a water pump it ran like a champ.

I had a "hardbody" truck, same year and no issues up till 150K then a bad oil leak started (rear main?)

Lastly, I had a 2004 Nismo Frontier and loved it. only issue was fuel sending until went out 2X

Conversely, my 2010 Honda has been one of the most disappointing cars I have ever owned

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I have had my 2012 Xteraa Pro4X since new, basic maintenance ...nothing else. 86k so far.....and it does go offraod

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with Nissans. I had a '95 Altima, then a '98 Sentra. Now have a '13 and '14 Sentra.

Posts: 4055 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
I own a Nissan Juke with 210,000 miles. Purchased it new in 2012. I have the maintenance kept faithfully every 7500 miles and other scheduled maintenance. I have had no mechanical, interior, exterior repairs needed. I just had the brakes redone about 5,000 miles ago.
All I add is premium gas, oil changes, transmission fluid changes every 30,000 miles, and a new set of tires annually. I use Castrol full synthetic oil. Had a tuneup on it at 100,000 miles.
Car still looks like new inside and out. Runs great.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
Here is the CR data for used '09 to '14
All black circle = very bad (well above average problems)
Half black = bad
Circle with no fill = average
Circle all lines = well above average
Circle with half lines = above average

--

--

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3815 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife's 2004 Pathfinder give up the ghost at 140K miles with a major coolant system failure that ruined the engine.
My wife's 2010 Murano's transmission flat out died, no warning, at 400 miles past the mechanical warranty limit. I appealed to Nissan at various levels for some help in the transmission replacement cost. No luck. I will never buy a Nissan product again.
Mrs. Meatman now drives a Acura TLX.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post