I Loved My Job Because I Worked With Men Like Emmanuel Bankston
Yeah, he’s a black man likely from the South, but I heard stories like his many times. American Agriculture. Thank the Lord.
_______________________________________________________ despite them
September 03, 2026, 09:59 AM
old rugged cross
Another great American and story.
We best get our act together and quit trying to make America something it isn't.This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,
"Practice like you want to play in the game"
September 03, 2026, 11:31 AM
TMats
I guess I’ll share another story, in spite of the fact that this thread hasn’t got legs. I just like hearing men like this talk.
_______________________________________________________ despite them
September 03, 2026, 11:43 AM
sig sailor
TMats, I loved the stories. Thank you. Rod
"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author
I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.
September 03, 2026, 11:52 AM
Sauer Kraut
Great videos. Very much appreciate you posting them. Wise advice and good discussion.
September 03, 2026, 11:56 AM
Dzozer
I posted this several years ago but its a good one...
'veritas non verba magistri'
September 03, 2026, 03:10 PM
TMats
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer: I posted this several years ago but its a good one…
You know what? I remember watching it. Great story.
_______________________________________________________ despite them
September 03, 2026, 05:40 PM
vthoky
That fellow in the second video reminds me A LOT of The Lovely Girlfriend’s dad. His sound, his tone, and the way he thinks every sentence through.
I’m going to visit him this weekend, and very much looking forward to it. He’s 85.
Politicians seem to have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around. — — — — — — — — — — — — God bless America.
September 03, 2026, 06:29 PM
chbibc
My friend Terry was a lifelong farmer in our town. He passed 12 years ago. A great, great man and gentle giant I was blessed to know for many years. The epitome of a farmer.
----------------------- You can't fall off the floor.
September 03, 2026, 06:30 PM
nhracecraft
TMats - Thank You for this thread, Sir!
American Farmers and Ranchers are some of the greatest, most salt of the earth people on this planet! They both define, AND sustain this great nation. Without them, there's no chance we could've made it 250 years and counting. I am humbled...They make me proud to be an American!
If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !! Trump 47....Making America Great Again! "May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20 Live Free or Die!
September 03, 2026, 06:44 PM
TMats
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc: My friend Terry was a lifelong farmer in our town. He passed 12 years ago. A great, great man and gentle giant I was blessed to know for many years. The epitome of a farmer.
I felt something in my eye when I saw the tractorcade.
I appreciate you too, nhracecraft
_______________________________________________________ despite them
September 03, 2026, 07:39 PM
MelissaDallas
My dad’s best friends owned a full service gas station and towing service for many years and were beloved in the community. Jimmy had a wrecker procession and his casket rode to the cemetery on the back of his.