SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Loved My Job Because I Worked With Men Like Emmanuel Bankston
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
I Loved My Job Because I Worked With Men Like Emmanuel Bankston Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted


Yeah, he’s a black man likely from the South, but I heard stories like his many times. American Agriculture. Thank the Lord.


_______________________________________________________
despite them
 
Posts: 14948 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Another great American and story.

We best get our act together and quit trying to make America something it isn't.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,



"Practice like you want to play in the game"
 
Posts: 21941 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I guess I’ll share another story, in spite of the fact that this thread hasn’t got legs. I just like hearing men like this talk.



_______________________________________________________
despite them
 
Posts: 14948 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
TMats, I loved the stories. Thank you.
Rod


"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.
 
Posts: 1872 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Great videos. Very much appreciate you posting them. Wise advice and good discussion.
 
Posts: 777 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
I posted this several years ago but its a good one...




'veritas non verba magistri'
 
Posts: 4268 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
I posted this several years ago but its a good one…

You know what? I remember watching it. Great story.


_______________________________________________________
despite them
 
Posts: 14948 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That fellow in the second video reminds me A LOT of The Lovely Girlfriend’s dad. His sound, his tone, and the way he thinks every sentence through.

I’m going to visit him this weekend, and very much looking forward to it. He’s 85. Cool




Politicians seem to have forgotten that they work for us, not the other way around.
— — — — — — — — — — — —
God bless America.
 
Posts: 16404 | Location: VA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
My friend Terry was a lifelong farmer in our town. He passed 12 years ago. A great, great man and gentle giant I was blessed to know for many years. The epitome of a farmer.



-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.
 
Posts: 9117 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
TMats - Thank You for this thread, Sir!

American Farmers and Ranchers are some of the greatest, most salt of the earth people on this planet! They both define, AND sustain this great nation. Without them, there's no chance we could've made it 250 years and counting. I am humbled...They make me proud to be an American! Smile


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 47....Making America Great Again!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 11249 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
My friend Terry was a lifelong farmer in our town. He passed 12 years ago. A great, great man and gentle giant I was blessed to know for many years. The epitome of a farmer.

I felt something in my eye when I saw the tractorcade.

I appreciate you too, nhracecraft


_______________________________________________________
despite them
 
Posts: 14948 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
My dad’s best friends owned a full service gas station and towing service for many years and were beloved in the community. Jimmy had a wrecker procession and his casket rode to the cemetery on the back of his.
 
Posts: 671 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Loved My Job Because I Worked With Men Like Emmanuel Bankston

© SIGforum 2026