SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What are your favorite apps for IOS ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are your favorite apps for IOS ? Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted
got a ipad mini this week and was wondering what I should be downloading!!

Posts: 7806 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
If you travel try iExit, great app for see how far the next rest area is or which interchanges have the best fuel prices or food choices.

Waze is good for traffic, most any weather app is helpful as is My Radar

Posts: 3854 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
If you’re into checking the weather, download a decent weather app...I really like Weather Underground and Dark Sky.

Posts: 741 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BillTracker, so I don’t forget to pay any. GasBuddy, cause I’m cheap. EarthCam, to see what’s going on elsewhere in real-time. StrobeLight, for the occasional times I want to measure how fast something’s rotating.

Posts: 1182 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I have dozens of apps for my iPhone X that I’d hate to be without – too many to list, but here’s a few:

mSecure password vault.

PCalc calculator. Many keyboard options – algebraic or RPN. Basic or scientific. And I use its extensive unit conversion facility frequently.

MyChart. It’s linked to my health provider (UCSD health system). Reports the results of all health tests. So convenient to pay health bills. So convenient to make appointments with any of my physicians. Lists all upcoming health appointments. e-Check-In, so I don’t have to fill out a paper form when visiting a visiting a physician. Previous answers are presented, so I mostly have only to click “This information is correct”. And I can log in with face recognition – handy.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9010 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pawprintsdoc:
If you’re into checking the weather, download a decent weather app...I really like Weather Underground and Dark Sky.

2nd vote for Dark Sky. I've been using a paid version of WeatherBug, because I'd really liked it on Android. Not so much on iOS. So when it expired I did my homework and settled on Dark Sky. So far I'm really liking it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Most of my apps are work related specialty apps but here are a few i use regularly.

MyRadar - weather radar
Google Maps - much better then the default apple maps
Knots 3D - anumated guide to different knots
Converter+ - converts different units of measurement

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3855 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of apps I really like, but a couple I liked enough to pay for.

FileExplorer-I use it to transfer files to and from a hard drive I have attached to my router. Makes it easy to transfer stuff between my Iphone and PC.

Skyview and Satellites - kind of neat for night time sky gazing.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone is a fan of the HP 48G or 48GX calculators, the m48 app is the HP 48G calculator for your iphone. There is a free version (m48) and a paid (m48+) versions of the app. both are identical, the pay app gets you updates and bug fixes sooner. I use it everyday so I felt obligated to get the paid version.

Posts: 732 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

MyChart. It’s linked to my health provider (UCSD health system). Reports the results of all health tests. So convenient to pay health bills. So convenient to make appointments with any of my physicians. Lists all upcoming health appointments. e-Check-In, so I don’t have to fill out a paper form when visiting a visiting a physician. Previous answers are presented, so I mostly have only to click “This information is correct”. And I can log in with face recognition – handy.
Looks like that would be useful, but I looked at the sign-up procedure and they want my Social Security Number. Nope! Not gonna happen.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30741 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
TouchRPN is a HP12C clone for computing time value of money and payments.
Road Trip is for keeping track of service and fuel on your vehicles.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4241 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
IMDB and NOAA Hi-Def Radar

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
great keep them coming!!

Posts: 7806 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post