SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is This Really an Accomplishment?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is This Really an Accomplishment? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
a new watch? or just a video game.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I have not problems with it. Just a social event.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
You graduate from two institutions. From High School, and College.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Besides, for some of those little bastards, they'll never again be that close to a mortar boar, unless Arby's really changes their uniform.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Almost 2000 years ago, the Romans having held graduations for Pre-D and Donec, began the celebration of "Gradus Uterum" on August 24, 70AD.

And immediately, Mount Vesuvius puked its guts out.

And now, you know, the rest of the story...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
Just a social event.

So is high school graduation as far as I'm concerned.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
My 5yo daughter graduates from Kindergarten next Thursday and I'm quite happy and proud of her. There was a "graduation" back in the 70's when I was little. It's nothing new.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one in late 80s. Don't think we wore cap and gowns though. Just got a "diploma" and picture taken.

My oldest was in public school when he finished Kindergarten, but I honestly don't remember if they did anything for it. My kids now go to a private school and my two younger kids had the cap and gown pictures taken.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
At the end of sixth grade- Cap and gown.

This here's my nephew Jethro. He's the scholar in the family, done graduated sixth grade.....

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
My ex-wife owns a few daycare centers. She does a preschool graduation every year. It just a cute little thing with cap and t-shirt. It's a way for the kids to say bye to each other as they go to kindergarten. As others said, it's a photo op and social event.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12438 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Touchy feely nonsense to me. Also, they don't even have high school graduation in England. You only get that when leaving university. Graduation ceremony for kindie-gartners, what a waste of time!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1175 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
We had graduation ceremonies for pre-school, kindergarten, 8th grade, and of course, high school. I made a deal with my mother that if I didn't quit my job, I didn't have to go to the high school one. I just wanted out of there. What made high school worse for me than it would have been, was that my sister was a "star", in the Nat Honor Society, took advanced classes, etc, and LOVED school. The only time I showed that I could equal her grades etc, was on the "Iowa Tests", where I would tie her or a couple of times, beat her scores. This infuriated her no end, "He doesn't even care about school!". I would probably kill myself if I was in school now, I thought the admins were insane back 40-50 years ago, and they seem even crazier now.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never heard of cap and gowns for these...sheesh.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I dunno man, I know a girl who was left back in kindergarten.

I knew her again later in life, she was a normal smart girl, so it's not like she has special needs or something. Maybe she just couldn't master the finger paints. Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
Touchy feely nonsense to me. Also, they don't even have high school graduation in England. You only get that when leaving university. Graduation ceremony for kindie-gartners, what a waste of time!

I don't think anywhere else in the world does. France sure doesn't. I don't think they even have it for University. And the Cap and Gown thing seems to be uniquely American.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and now you know .......... the rest ........... of
.......... the story ............ good day !

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/dingode/media/incredible_zpscufu80ga.jpg.html]

Posts: 466 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: August 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:

I don't think anywhere else in the world does. France sure doesn't. I don't think they even have it for University. And the Cap and Gown thing seems to be uniquely American.

Why would I care what they do in France? America sets the standards, not the other way around.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2010Challenger:
We had graduation ceremonies for pre-school, kindergarten, 8th grade, and of course, high school. I made a deal with my mother that if I didn't quit my job, I didn't have to go to the high school one. I just wanted out of there. What made high school worse for me than it would have been, was that my sister was a "star", in the Nat Honor Society, took advanced classes, etc, and LOVED school. The only time I showed that I could equal her grades etc, was on the "Iowa Tests", where I would tie her or a couple of times, beat her scores. This infuriated her no end, "He doesn't even care about school!". I would probably kill myself if I was in school now, I thought the admins were insane back 40-50 years ago, and they seem even crazier now.

This, for mostly the same reasons. I wanted out so bad I could taste it. Started skipping as much and often as I could senior year. Still had to go to the damn graduation ceremony for my mother (valedictorian of her class). 4 more years in college too.

Either way, not shocked they have ceremonies in the "everybody is a special little snow flake" world we live in.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Ridgeway, the R.Lee Ermey of my Kindergarten in 1962, did not play that shit. Nope.
She would however, if needed, jerk a knot in your tail.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post