SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy 91st BD, Dr. Thomas Sowell
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy 91st BD, Dr. Thomas Sowell Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
We're a day late for this.

May he live long -- we we need him more than ever now.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Happy belated Birthday Mr. Sowell!

Posts: 11149 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a shame few people have heard of him.

Posts: 17263 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
“Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good.”
― Thomas Sowell

“When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination.”
― Thomas Sowell

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
Schools should be required to teach his theories rather then stuff like critical race theory
I'm not holding my breath on that happening

Posts: 245 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"The road to hell is paved with Ivy League degrees." ~Thomas Sowell

Just heard that one today. Thomas Sowell is an American treasure and one of the greatest thinkers of the last two generations.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30424 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
A supremely brilliant man and a national treasure. Happy birthday, Dr. Sowell.

Posts: 13300 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
What he has to say is always worth hearing.
Happy B day sir.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

I've been using my favourite quote of his as a signature for years.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I hope he has a very happy Birthday! He is a very wish and well-educated man, and we need many more like him.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday!

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I tell people, instead of sending your kids to an elite university, get them Dr Sowell’s books. You’ll save a couple of hundred thousand and your kids will have a better education.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6421 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A brilliant man.
One of the best God has ever created.

Posts: 65 | Location: Punxsutawney, PA | Registered: January 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I liked and respected him until he became a never Trumper.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3978 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I liked and respected him until he became a never Trumper.

Oh come on. Get out of here with that. Sowell was never a never Trumper. Thomas Sowell is a classic, deep intellectual so of course was put off by Trump's rhetoric, but he voted for him...twice. He looked at the empirical evidence and made the choice that Trump was better than both Hillary and Biden. Again, he is not a never Trumper.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30424 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^ If that’s the case I stand corrected.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3978 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post