SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UPS/Stolen Items
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPS/Stolen Items Login/Join 
posted
Quick question, if anyone here knows...

I dropped my sunglasses and cracked one of the lenses. I ordered replacement lenses from Costa and they were delivered today. Well, an empty box was delivered. Called Costa and got the ball rolling on their end to replace what was stolen. My question is, does UPS have any responsibility? What I am getting at is, if the driver drops off the box, notices it's empty (hard not to tell it was empty as it had been bent open to remove the packaging), do they have any responsibility to report that or is their job to just deliver and not ask any questions? I want to escalate with UPS also, but don't know if they even worry about that type of thing or if it would be worth my time.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You contacted Costa. End of story. Who know how the lense was lost.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Not your problem to deal with, the shipper should file the claim with UPS, it's their account.

Up to Costa to do this...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the package arrived clearly damaged, don't accept the package.

If you did accept the package, or if it was delivered without signature, get pictures before and after opening.

If you didn't get pictures before opening, get them after, contact the seller/shipper (not necessarily the same thing).

If UPS damaged the package, then the claim will be made to UPS, but if the shipper didn't insure the package, or if the package was worth more than the base amount, then UPS liability ends where the limit of the insurance ends.

The driver doesn't make a determination on the packaging, unless it's leaking or a potential hazard. If the receiver is not satisfied with the condition of the packaging, the receiving should not accept the package.

See if the matter is corrected with the seller, first. If not, you can address it with UPS.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Why waste your time at UPS? You are getting your lens and you will most likely get nowhere with UPS. You didn't pay for anything so you have no loss. Move and and spend your time on more worthwhile things.

Posts: 4114 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
This brings up sad/mad memories of a recent experience with UPS. I ordered a Swarovski crystal 'Hello Kitty and Daniel' piece for my wife. UPS delivered it to an old address with 'driver release' recorded. Who knows what-the-fuck that means but in UPS-speak that is 'delivered to correct address'. So the driver evidently put my wife's birthday gift in a common area in an apartment complex as 'delivered'. The fucker probably just kept it.

UPS did not respond to my refund inquiry. It seems that the seller refunds me for the lost sale and then UPS refunds the seller for their wholesale/CoG expense. Its cheaper for UPS and makes sense accounting-wise but that is little consolation for we who lost our anticipated happiness. UPS employees may be sympathetic but as an entity it don't give a damn.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post