SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Proof the .22 ammo drought is finally over!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proof the .22 ammo drought is finally over! Login/Join 
posted
Been a long time.22 addict and for a few years curtailed my 22 use and reloaded more. Never did quite get to critical mass on 22, but did not plink it and used it only for matches as we did not seem to know when it would ever come back in quantity.
Well in the last couple months it has been consistently on shelves at all the stores I frequent, though at higher but tolerable prices. For the first time in years a store actually had a sale on .22, with eley target at $50 a brick which is not bad, then a local show had aguila standard for $35. And today I paid just $25 a brick for cci standard which is pretty much good old days price! Time to get plinking again!

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
No such luck here. The Wmarts say they haven't seen any in a couple years. The stores that have it still think it's 2014. Aguila 50 pack at $6.50, CCi 100 packs at $14.95. Screw them. No drought I guess, but the gouging shows no end In lower Michigan.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I always check WalMart stores for 22 ammo. Most of them are still out of stock except the Chantilly store which has over 40 boxes of Winchester and CCI for $8 in 100 round boxes.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
It's not hard to find CCI 22LR here. Going price is about $7.95 per 100rds. I'm stocked up but it's always hard to pass it by.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Haven't been able to find it locally around me. Did find the Remington bucket of 1400rds for $90 in Delaware though. Grabbed a bucket of course.

What is the best price per round these days?

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Why don't you guys just buy it on line?

3,250 rounds for $199, $189 after rebate. No sales tax.

I haven't bought ammo in a store in years.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MtCowboy
posted Hide Post
I got Remington golden bullet 22 525 pack for 31.99 recently here in CA on sale. Range had a ton more on the shelf.

Posts: 250 | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Here in SW, Ohio, it has been readily available for over a year, at reasonable prices.

That said, at some of the local gun and knife shows, there are still Sellers trying to sell .22 ammo they bought at the wrong time. Some still asking upwards of $18.99 for 100 rounds on Mini Mags.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is the best price per round these days?

5-6¢ per round.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
CCI Mini Mags are still hard to come by here and when it does show up, it goes for a premium price. I still have a pretty good supply from when I hoarded some in 2013 but I'd sure like to shore up the shelf with more.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I had, and still have some stored away. I was at WalMart earlier this week and the young man says it comes in daily at 7:30 and there are people waiting for it. I would bet they are then reselling it.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
No such luck here. The Wmarts say they haven't seen any in a couple years. The stores that have it still think it's 2014. Aguila 50 pack at $6.50, CCi 100 packs at $14.95. Screw them. No drought I guess, but the gouging shows no end In lower Michigan.

Same thing around here.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:

Wow, I guess I didn't realize we were still dry around here. I was really fortunate in that I bought a bunch (10k rounds) right before the first big panic buy. It was just right place right time and I got free shipping on it so I figured why not. I haven't shot it a lot since then knowing it was scarce so I still have a good chunk left.

I was in Milwaukee for work at the end of last year and it was everywhere over there, Walmart, Dicks, and Dunhams shelves were stacked full. I figured they had been hoarding it and after the election they put it all out. Had I known we were short around here I would have loaded up the car and brought some back.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
CCI Mini Mags are still hard to come by here and when it does show up, it goes for a premium price. I still have a pretty good supply from when I hoarded some in 2013 but I'd sure like to shore up the shelf with more.

I don't even check anymore. I just won't buy regular 22 or mini mags for the inflated prices they want. I quit shooting it before I even got started. I have a Sig 220 conversion kit that has exactly 8 rounds through it and an M&P22 completely unfired as a result.
I'd have sold 'em but no one else was getting 22 either.

Die neckbeards, die.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Academy stocks it by the ton here . Also readily available online . No reason to not have any .22 ammo .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
About the only place around here that doesn't have .22 ammo is Walmart.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted March 31, 2017 06:50 PM Hide Post
Academy stocks it by the ton here . Also readily available online . No reason to not have any .22 ammo .

Free Shipping as well as long as you don't live in what Oriental Redneck terms commie states.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are theShipping Restriction: Currently we are not able to ship this product to the follow state(s).

IL
MA
NY
AE
AA
AP
AK
HI
DC
CA
CT

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Well, I just got back from Walmart, Chantilly store, and I thought the boxes that said 222 was 222 Winchester but no it was boxes of Winchester 36 grain HP for $10.97 with quantity of 222 per box. There are at least 50+ boxes.

CCI 22LR 36 grain HP...$7.47 At least 50+ boxes.
Federal 40 grain solid...$2.47 At least 10+ boxes.
Winchester 37 grain $7.97 At least 8+ boxes
Winchester 40 grain $8.37 At least 32+ boxes

There may be twice that much because you can not see how many boxes are behind the front row. Some WalMart stores have no 22 ammo.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

Thanks for the info. I just ordered a brick of CCI SV for $39.90 with free shipping, which is there limit.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post