SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Proof the .22 ammo drought is finally over!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proof the .22 ammo drought is finally over! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
just for giggles I checked. minimags not available online.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the Tulsa Wanenmacher gun show today, dealer has 525 rd Remington bricks for $30. 325 rd bricks for $19.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Back in 1970 when I was on my high school rifle team, we would get bricks of .22 Winchester ammo for $5 through the Civilian Marksmanship Program.
I read that the CMP was spun off from the Army in 1996 and is now a non-profit.
Is it still a source of low-cost .22 ammo?

Posts: 1400 | Location: Butte, Mont. | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Haven't checked any place but wally world, but the shelves are still bare there.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15220 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
If you want to see where the Wallyworld .22 ammo is, look around at your next gun show. Usually priced a few dollars higher around here.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
My WalMart is still dry when I get there and the clerk tells me there's 2 men that buy all of it at once.

I've found it at Acadamy but it's a bit of a drive over to Gainsville

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
just for giggles I checked. minimags not available online.

https://www.bonefroggunclub.co...i-mag-100rds-cci0031

$7.40 box (7.4¢ per round) did not check the shipping cost but Bone Frog is usually very reasonable.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local show had CCI Mini-mags for $8 for the 100 round box. That's like 50 cents more than they were at Walmart.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The prices are still inflated. As long as folks keep buying them at inflated prices, they will be happy to sell them at inflated prices. The prices mentioned in earlier posts are double what they used to be before the panic.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
This right here. I remember buying Winchester Super X .22LR...you know...the clear red box of 100...for like $2.99. They'd even run it on sale for $2.49 or even $1.99. Yeah...at $9.99/100, those people can eat a turd. I just looked and Midway is selling that box of 100 for $9.49...scuuuuuurreeeewwwww that! And like Steve said...people think that's the norm now. Do I ever expect to see it for $2.99 or even $3.99? Nope, but $0.10/round for .22LR is just a little too much sugar for a dime, as my wise, sage mom would say.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Which is exactly why my .22's are 'silenced' without owning a suppressor. I won't buy at the higher prices. F*ck 'em, feed 'em fishheads.

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have been getting the 525 packs of Remington from Academy for $28.00. Dick's sporting goods has .22 also, but it is slightly more expensive.

Walmart is useless for the stuff. I want .22 and Perfecta .223 from them, and they are eternally sold out of both.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I looked while I was getting groceries at Meijer's yesterday and they had as much .22 as they had 9mm! The had Minimags for about 9 cents a shot. The fact that they have some all the time now is proof it's over. The prices there are just kind of nuts for centerfire ammo. A box of Winchester WB for 13.95? Nope.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
About the only place around here that doesn't have .22 ammo is Walmart.

Same in my area.

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Saw 500 rd bulk at the Oaks, PA show last week for $26 and it wasn't exactly FLYING out the door. Several tables down the aisle.....the same stuff for $50 up to $60.

The best I saw on Mini Mags lately was $8 per hundred. Still too high in my opinion. Here in MT it's $10 on UP. Insane.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at the splitrock pa show a little while back. Federal 525 bricks were going for $25, and they weren't flying off the shekces.

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I was in SWFA's store on Saturday, and they had .22 of every kind - from the crappiest bulk Remington to Eley Tenex.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I wish it were over here!

No .22 at Wallyworld since 2012, to the point I only check every month or so now (the 3 in my work/home orbit).

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
There is one small gun store up the street from me that sends his neckbeards out to buy up ALL the Wal-Mart ammo and has these huge signs along the road advertising .22 ammo for sale.

$50 a fucking box.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34112 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
I remember paying $8.00 a brick for good 22LR all day long when I was a kid.

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post