SIGforum
Junk text messages from “Donald Trump Jr.”

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7980014074

May 20, 2020, 10:20 PM
Pipe Smoker
Junk text messages from “Donald Trump Jr.”
I’ve set up my iPhone to silently route all incoming calls from sources that aren’t in my address book to voicemail, so no more annoying rings from those. But lately I’ve received at least a half-dozen text messages from someone claiming to be Donald Trump Jr., and seeking a donation. E.g.:

“Hey, it's Donald Trump Jr. I'm personally asking for YOUR help to restore my dad's majority. If you pitch in by MIDNIGHT I'll 5X-MATCH https://nrcc.news/3fIam3z”

Is anyone else getting these? I just trash ‘em.

Serious about crackers
May 20, 2020, 10:33 PM
slosig
Block the number.
May 21, 2020, 05:55 AM
sig2392
I have a NRCC solicitation number being blocked.

Prepare for the calls to get more often from more numbers as we get closer to November
May 21, 2020, 06:26 AM
smlsig
Oh yeah, even getting texts from all my personal friends in DC including Jr., Melania, Mitch to name a few.

Been blocking them as well.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina
May 21, 2020, 07:25 AM
bdylan
It's a wonder Don Jr. and Devin Nunes ever get anything done. They spend most of their time soliciting me.
May 21, 2020, 07:41 AM
dgshooter
Text back"STOP". The texts will end.
May 21, 2020, 10:53 AM
sjtill
quote:

For a while, then do it again as they change numbers.
Same thing with “unsubscribe” for e-mails. They come back like Terminator 2.

May 21, 2020, 10:58 AM
HRK
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:

In the case of a legit honest solicitor.. yes, in the case of a spamming d-head junk texting ahole, it just confirms they have a valid number to hit.

If it's on your iShit then just block it, they'll change the number, block it too, you have no limit on blocked numbers on your iPhone.
May 21, 2020, 01:26 PM
220-9er
This seems to be this years new thing from politicians.

May 21, 2020, 04:10 PM
Fundman
Well at least he wasn't asking for donations for the nonexistent Second Amendment Coalition that Trump Jr. is supposed to be running.