SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Junk text messages from “Donald Trump Jr.”
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Junk text messages from “Donald Trump Jr.” Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I’ve set up my iPhone to silently route all incoming calls from sources that aren’t in my address book to voicemail, so no more annoying rings from those. But lately I’ve received at least a half-dozen text messages from someone claiming to be Donald Trump Jr., and seeking a donation. E.g.:

“Hey, it's Donald Trump Jr. I'm personally asking for YOUR help to restore my dad's majority. If you pitch in by MIDNIGHT I'll 5X-MATCH https://nrcc.news/3fIam3z”

Is anyone else getting these? I just trash ‘em.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8959 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Block the number.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a NRCC solicitation number being blocked.

Prepare for the calls to get more often from more numbers as we get closer to November

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, even getting texts from all my personal friends in DC including Jr., Melania, Mitch to name a few.

Been blocking them as well.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6319 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It's a wonder Don Jr. and Devin Nunes ever get anything done. They spend most of their time soliciting me.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Text back"STOP". The texts will end.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:

For a while, then do it again as they change numbers.
Same thing with “unsubscribe” for e-mails. They come back like Terminator 2.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:

In the case of a legit honest solicitor.. yes, in the case of a spamming d-head junk texting ahole, it just confirms they have a valid number to hit.

If it's on your iShit then just block it, they'll change the number, block it too, you have no limit on blocked numbers on your iPhone.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
This seems to be this years new thing from politicians.

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well at least he wasn't asking for donations for the nonexistent Second Amendment Coalition that Trump Jr. is supposed to be running.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post