SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A very particular apology to all of you
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A very particular apology to all of you Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
I’ve been teaching myself English for the past 50 years.
Have grown to be my own personal flavor of grammar and spelling nazi over time, since i basically stopped reading in other languages unless it was absolutely necessary. English became THE language for me.

It’s been almost three years since i stopped working (as an IT swiss knife guy) and pretty much stopped using a regular keyboard too. What you have been reading here is the results of my poor interaction with my much hated iphone keyboard.

I assure you that i don’t experience the regular brain farts that my typing would lead you believe. That is not me.
But it’s so exhausting and frustrating ! Just reread my post at the floor standing speakers thread and it makes me want to puke.

Used to love my previous iPhones but this one has been insisting on meeting Mr. Hammer since day one.

Again, my sincere apologies to all of you that have to make an effort to make sense of my posts because of typos and whatnots.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12124 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm concerned, no need to apologize, Nicky. I struggle with english and it's the only language I know! Except for what little spanish I learned in high school...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38690 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Nicky,

Absolutely no need to apologize. Frankly I suck at foreign languages and marvel at those, like you, that have mastered more than their native tongue.
And I think most of us are aware of your smartphone, translator app, and email issues. I know those would drive me absolutely nuts.
So again... no need for you to apologize for anything.

--Bob

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16231 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
No big deal. Happens to all of us.

Mine has the built in smell checker. It makes me say things I didn't Nintendo.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38690 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
Streisand effect!!! Now we’re all reading the speaker thread.
You make very bad English!!
Ha Ha Ha ! Wink

Posts: 543 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate your posts and frankly have not seen a problem. You are better at English than I would be at any foreign language.

Posts: 17250 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
0-0, we are just glad to have you contributing. It is always a pleasure to get perspectives from people in other parts of the world.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
No worries. You’re as good at posting in English from your new phone as many here who use a computer and are US citizens.

Posts: 26922 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
What you have been reading here is the results of my poor interaction with my much hated iphone keyboard.
I don't like to do serious "computing" on a phone, or even a tablet or laptop. Make mine a plain old keyboard and mouse.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're weird
Big Grin

You owe us all reparations for all of the mental cruelty that we've had to experience.

Big Grin
I don't know where you got the idea , but
No apologies needed.
A f.a.I.c.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54659 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No need to apologize for anything. I have noticed that after typing out a message on an iPhone or iPad, it looks like a 3 year old did it.

From grammar, to spelling and inserted wrong words, it’s just horrible. Apple tried but failed with the small keyboard, horrible spellcheck, and automated word suggestions. With that trifecta, the deck is already stacked against you.

I have to double and triple check everything. And if I let it fly as is, inevitably it looks like a chicken pecked it out for me.

As I said, no apologies needed. I am always impressed with someone being able to communicate as well as you do, while not being a native speaker. Your are all good with me, for sure.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely not needed.

Posts: 964 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Nicky, you’re fine.You express yourself in English much better than I can in Spanish.

We have a mutual love/hate of iPhones. I especially hate spellcheck, I can’t tell you how many times the phone has inserted “duck” for the originally intended word.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No apology needed. Always interested in your reports from the Southern Hemisphere.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16101 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Nema problema!

Posts: 6623 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Nicky, as I plead with my wife—-press that little microphone button!

Posts: 18078 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
My iPhone 11 has begun to randomly capitalize words in the middle of sentences, it no longer offers a capital i for the word I and seems to change words when i click send after i have proofread the text. It’s not just you.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As others have said, no problem Nicky.

I do have a question that may demonstrate my lack of understanding.
Why don't you just go back in and edit the posts that upset you? I often get something posted and then note that my freaking Kindle has autocorrected me into incoherent posts. I just go back in and edit to clean it up.
Is this only clearing it up in my view of the post or something? Serious question.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Nicky, as I plead with my wife—-press that little microphone button!

As someone with a bit of an accent, that microphone button is the devil!

Posts: 17896 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post