SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Poll: Missouri Republican Primary, U.S. Senate, Auditor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll: Missouri Republican Primary, U.S. Senate, Auditor Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted
In the U.S. Senate race polls have shown Eric Greitens ahead his primary rivals, though recently tightening, including state Attorney General Eric Schmitt, Rep. Vicky Hartzler and Rep. Billy Long.

Question:
Who will you vote for in the U.S. Senate primary?

Choices:
Eric Greitens
Vicky Hartzler
Billy Long
Eric Schmitt
Mark McCloskey
Dave Schatz
Other

Question:
Who will you vote for in the MO Auditor primary?

Choices:
David Gregory
Scott Fitzpatrick

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23926 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Strange. I voted for Schmidt and it counted for Long.

Posts: 3695 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Norman, Thanks for voting.
It counted for Schmitt. So far, 2 votes for Schmitt, none for Long... Big Grin
The yellow bar is on top of your selection, not below.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23926 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
The auditor is a bit more of a challenge for me than Senate. David is strong pro-gun and anti-CRT, but Scott has the financial sense and background to keep the state in the black.

I put David on the poll, but I'm honestly still undecided on those two.

Posts: 10725 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
My vote goes to Schmidt. Greitens is a slimy POS. And he is on record against the second amendment preservation act.

Posts: 7387 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Chellim: I'm still undecided about this. Hartzler is my US Representative. She has kept a low profile over the years so I am not 100% on board with her. Have you got any ideas about her?

We all know Greitens. He folded up like a cheap kite in my opinion but I did vote for him.

Billy Long seems like a pretty solid conservative but I don't know much about him either.

Eric Schmidt seems pretty solid but again, I don't know much about him.

There should be a debate coming up pretty quick so I plan on watching that. Your thoughts?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5023 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
My FOP lodge is recommending Eric Schmidt and I have to agree with him because he's one of the main reasons why my department gets saved from getting fucked by Quinton Lucas and the city council. He's gone to bat for us more times than should be necessary to keep the city council from making this city more like the shit hole St. Louis is becoming. I'd be fine with Vicky Hartzler, but Schmidt is a personal choice for me that may not apply to anyone else.

Sadly, I think Eric Greitens is going to end up like herpes. He's never going away.

Posts: 4120 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Anyone but that poser idiot McCloskey.

Anyone from here knows he's full of shit, and if not for his new found "fame" or "infamy" depending on how you look at it, knows he isn't anywhere near a Republican. He's an opportunistic douche.

Greitens impressed me with his run and first bit as Governor. Then he totally blew it. He ended up acting like an asshole and needs to fade into obscurity.

I don't agree with Eric Schmitt on everything, but he's the best choice IMO, since he would be the best chance of winning IMO.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I seem to be leaning towards Schmidt as well. Hartzler has been a good Rep for us but for some reason I just don't trust her. I see her going along with the flow and not making waves but we don't need that right now. I still think Billy Long is solid but not at all sure he could win. I don't know a thing about McClosky so I will trust what I am reading here about him.

Posts: 5023 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Anyone from here knows he's full of shit, and if not for his new found "fame" or "infamy" depending on how you look at it, knows he isn't anywhere near a Republican. He's an opportunistic douche.

Greitens impressed me with his run and first bit as Governor. Then he totally blew it. He ended up acting like an asshole and needs to fade into obscurity.

I don't agree with Eric Schmitt on everything, but he's the best choice IMO, since he would be the best chance of winning IMO.

Kevin

Totally agree and thanks pointing out my mistake reading the poll results. One of the “face palm” moments.

Posts: 3695 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't think anyone really takes him seriously.

Posts: 7387 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:

I don't think anyone really takes him seriously.

I hope not. They (he and his wife) are terrible.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I hope he doesn't endorse Greitens again.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
I hope he doesn't endorse Greitens again.

^^^ Obviously, Trump is being pressured to endorse Greitens again. Kimberly Guilfoyle works for the Greitens campaign and is in a relationship with Donald Jr.

But I think a Greitens endorsement would really hurt Trump's credibility in Missouri. Staying out of this one is really all we can expect.

-rduckwor

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Sarah Sanders endorses Eric Schmitt with week until primary

"Eric Schmitt has fought relentlessly for the America First movement, and is leading the charge against Joe Biden’s radical left policies," Sanders said in a statement shared first with Fox News Digital. "Few elected officials in the country have done more to block Joe Biden’s assault on our country as diligently and fiercely as Eric Schmitt."

Sanders, the daughter of former longtime Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, emphasized that "the U.S. Senate needs fighters who will take our country back, and I know that Eric Schmitt has the experience and strength to win in November and get the job done."

Schmitt, in a statement announcing Sanders’ backing, highlighted that "Sarah Huckabee Sanders has been on the front lines of the America First movement and knows the importance of electing true conservatives that will challenge the Biden administration on a daily basis… I am proud to have the endorsement of Sarah Huckabee Sanders."

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...schmitt-week-primary

-rduckwor

The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this thread Chellim. I really did not know who was who,and who was good for us. After looking into all the players, Schmitt has my vote. Greitens fucked himself, he's dead to me. Voted for Gregory in the poll but could go either way when it's time.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7651 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Not Grietens. I feel like he will lose to the dem if he is candidate and we cannot flip this seat.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Auditor's race gets a bit heated...

Republican in Missouri auditor’s race calls GOP opponent’s new ad ‘a lie’

https://www.stltoday.com/news/...d8-ceef048e6993.html

-rduckwor

Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
The wife and I decided during dinner that we would both vote for Schmitt.

Just thought I would add that. Smile

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Good news!

Tables turn in Missouri Senate race after Schmitt takes GOP lead over Greitens, Hartzler

Former Republican Gov. Eric Greitens was leading the GOP field in June

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ad-greitens-hartzler

-rduckwor