SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boris Johnson Resigns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boris Johnson Resigns Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted
Boris Johnson announces resignation: "When the herd moves, it moves"

This should be interesting.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Better late than never.

When he was having parties during lockdown was when I realized his time as a leader should be over.

Those unwilling to lead by example have no business in a leadership position.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
He was there for 1 reason only. Once that was over, he should have known better than to stick around doing a job he wasn't capable of doing.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
He was there for 1 reason only. Once that was over, he should have known better than to stick around doing a job he wasn't capable of doing.

Completing the escape from the EU started by Theresa May will be what he's remembered for though Labour will always focus on his many shortcomings instead.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
The things that tripped him up weren't that difficult to avoid, yet still....

Won't be confident Brexit is "done" until a couple administrations have come and gone.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
The things that tripped him up weren't that difficult to avoid, yet still....

Won't be confident Brexit is "done" until a couple administrations have come and gone.

Yeah, if he could have avoided being a total raging hypocrite of the highest order he probably would have been fine.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn and I still don't know why he doesn't brush his hair.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Damn and I still don't know why he doesn't brush his hair.

Truth! Big Grin

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Paul Joseph Watson tweeted it best…

“Unelected Prime Minister Carrie Johnson finally out of office.”

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised he made it this long, was certain they would have forced him out after all the Lockdowngate BS, you know where all his people were having gatherings and parties literally as British police were breaking up and arresting regular people for doing the same during the Covid lockdowns*

*remember that is PRISON TERMINOLOGY

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I'm surprised he made it this long, was certain they would have forced him out after all the Lockdowngate BS, you know where all his people were having gatherings and parties literally as British police were breaking up and arresting regular people for doing the same during the Covid lockdowns*

As were Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition. However, for some reason, the media in the UK don't seem to care about that little tidbit. I wonder why?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
People who think they are the smartest guy ever bring themselves down eventually.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
It was inevitable based on his actions. I'm not up to date on UK politics, but it appears from what I've read he pisses off pretty much everyone and made unforced errors.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Not defending Johnson, but look out that window. Many US elected officials have done the same or worse. Vis a Vis Pelosi with no consequences .

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post