SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have the Fenix E30R yet?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have the Fenix E30R yet? Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
Ok flashlight Geeks, I am a long time fan of the Fenix line of lights as many of you know.

Does anyone have the E30R yet?

If so, how do you like it? Would you buy it again?

Thanks.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I have had it for a couple weeks and like it. You should know it doesn’t have a memory of brightness levels last used so you start on low brightness and have to scroll upward....it’s not advertised as a tactical light and IMO is a good everyday light. It comes with the 18650 battery and has lots of life...I used it for three days camping last week and it still had plenty of life left in the original charge. If you want bright.....it’s plenty bright enough at 1600 lumens...which you wouldn’t want indoors as you get too much back in your face...outside at that setting and it’s quite illuminating!

I too am a Fenix fan...I have several of their tactical lights and wanted one for camping/fishing/outdoors and this one is small enough and fits that bill nicely.

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
We talked about it here:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/2930080654/p/1

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i really like it and would buy it again.

Posts: 343 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I like it other than the fact that it won't retain its previous brightness settings.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
My first Fenix and I like it. Magnetic charger is pretty slick and I REALLy like the how you can check the battery’s charge level by touching the on button.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: badcopnodonut!!,

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't like the switch. I am used to the tail cap switch on my Quark 123 and pro tac 1L. other than that i'm sure its fine.

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump

Posts: 578 | Location: SUX | Registered: May 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I've had mine for just shy of a month and I stopped carrying it the other day and went back to my Fenix LD12.

The biggest issue is the on/off switch that doubles as the intensity switch. A lot of times I'll go to turn it on and will get the flashing mode. I'll have to try 4 or 5 times to just get it to turn on in regular mode.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
After learning about the E30R here I did a little research and ended up getting the Zebralight sc64w hi. Nearly as bright with a programmable UI and much better beam pattern. It doesn't have the slick magnetic charging cable set up, I already have a bunch of 18650 batteries anyways. The ZL is shockingly small and has a nice pocket clip. It's highly reviewed by anyone with one and I'm very happy with it.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
The Fenix E30R fits my off-duty needs just fine. It’s small, the profile is very low and doesn’t feel bulky in my pocket, and the beam is just right for nighttime neighborhood walks or scanning my back yard late at night. My duty light is a PD35, and it also works great.

Posts: 4501 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
The Fenix E30R fits my off-duty needs just fine. It’s small, the profile is very low and doesn’t feel bulky in my pocket, and the beam is just right for nighttime neighborhood walks or scanning my back yard late at night. My duty light is a PD35, and it also works great.

The E30R does what it was designed for. A home or EDC general use light. I carry it at night in the area around the house because a 1,600 lumen broad beam works better for that than my PD35 Tac with a more focused beam. Both have very effective strobes for first lines of defense. The E30R has a lot of muscle for a compact light and I'm glad I bought it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I like it. It's small enough to fit into my pants pocket and produces a lot of light. I preferred the switch being at the end, but have learned to pinch the side switch and the 'charging port' between my thumb and index finger. The timing takes a bit of getting used to. If you get out of bed to pee and inadvertently activate that 1600lm strobe...bye bye night vision... Frown

Flashlights have come a VERY long way in the last decade or so.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post