SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Grocery store has some bare shelves.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grocery store has some bare shelves. Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted
Lots of empty shelves,toilet paper gone.almost all the
Gatorade, dog food, pasta too. My daughter read on Facebook that people are hoarding food and toilet paper at the Albuquerque Cosco.

Posts: 1662 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
My daughter read on Facebook that people are hoarding food and toilet paper at the Albuquerque Cosco.

Posts: 33102 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I just saw this post as I was finishing mine.

The Longshoreman's strike is causing people to go nuts.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Well, the media started to hype up the situate at least a week ago. Let’s see how long they can milk the story.

The West coast ports are still open so imports are not totally shut down.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5799 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/3390001115

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39286 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It's already terrible, we need to go to mail in voting.

Posts: 21375 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I was in our communities two largest grocery stores today and everything was normal.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Yea I saw a post on Nextdoor spreading the panic about shelves being bare already. Thank goodness I am a light prepper and always have enough at home for this kind of stupidity.

Posts: 3789 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I quess it's monkey see, monkey do.
A search on X for "panic buying" shows a few posts from different areas.

https://x.com/thinktankfranks/...pYYuBcb5LM9oykA&s=19

https://x.com/JennyBGoodX/stat...EcowQGlUOdpHSVg&s=19

Posts: 1662 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Well, the media started to hype up the situate at least a week ago. Let’s see how long they can milk the story.

Plus alot of stuff will just go to Mexico and will be railed and trucked up.

Posts: 3789 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I went to my local Lidel store tonight... there was almost no meat. Chicken, pork, beef, very little. Which is to say, normal. They rarely have anything, don't know why. "How can you have NO meat? It's a grocery store!"

I DID buy toilet paper, that was the main reason I went. Because I'm down to my last roll and it hit me today "these idiots are going to buy everything in sight again for no damn reason, I better go get some after work before I end up using paper towels." Wink

Posts: 21375 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I was in Sam's yesterday and there were still plenty of bulk paper products though I did see one fully loaded flatbed with TP & paper towels.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3633 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Great plan. All those imported eggs ya know.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12706 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
And in several weeks, when those eggs and milk go bad before they can eat all of them, people will be throwing them out. Selfish idiots creating shortages when there otherwise aren't any Roll Eyes.

Posts: 9244 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

Plus alot of stuff will just go to Mexico and will be railed and trucked up.

This is what shippers need to do, unload in MX and the West Coast, use rail to move a lot of it into the US and let the ILA be shut down.

Read that one of the big issues for the ILA is the installation of cameras on the docks, no why would they be upset about that.. Roll Eyes

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Panicky idiots. Other than Alaska, eggs and milk do not come through ports.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
If you are a plus member, Sam’s Club delivers the toilet paper and wipes right to your door with free shipping.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to Kroger today. Shelves were full. No one panic buying. Plenty of tp, paper towels, bread, milk.

Posts: 67 | Registered: April 28, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Panicky idiots. Other than Alaska, eggs and milk do not come through ports.

I have them all out smarted. I bought four bushels of corn.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21141 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have shit from Y2K, I am fine

Make it count

Posts: 1431 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post