SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    how much do you pay , per month for your Oooma phone ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how much do you pay , per month for your Oooma phone ? Login/Join 
posted
I can't find a standard fee on the google.

so I am asking here

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
You just pay the tax and fees which were $4 and some change/month for us. They have a premium plan that brings it up to around $15/month if you subscribe to that.

We recently canceled our Ooma phone service since the only calls we received were spam calls. We just use cell phones now.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
This has me interested as they say you can port your current number to it.
I'm paying Verizon $27 a month for a phone I haven't made an outdoing call on in 15 years.
I only kept it because there were too many people, businesses, plus state and federal agencies I would have to give my cell number too if I canceled it. (And I didn't want to bother trying to remember them all, or want them calling my cell. But I'm at the point where I can't keep flushing $30 a month down the toilet.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have callcentric and my own cisco voip box. I pay $3.45 a month. The phone is really only for emergencies. The box was $70 maybe.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
The base phone plan with Ooma charges only government-mandated taxes. I pay $5.19 per month where I live.

These are the detail lines on my Ooma bill:

911 Service Fee: $1.00
Regulatory Compliance Fee: $1.60
Local Interconnection Recovery Fee: $1.60
Special Local- Transportation: $0.05
SC Universal Service Charge: $0.07
County Sales Tax: $0.05
State Sales Tax: $0.26
County 911 Surcharge: $0.50
SC Dual Party Relay Charge: $0.06
Total: $5.19

Here's their tax estimator .

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Buy it, pay once for the box and the service, and the service itself is free after that. Pay somewhere around five bucks / month for taxes and junk fees.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I use magicJack and have been looking to switch to Ooma possibly.

MagicJack is $40 a year for service and $38 for 911 (which is optional).

I have it for 911 to the house and to give Drs, insurance, banks, etc. the folks that don’t need my phone number.

Most magicJack devices include the fist year of service.
I have had it for like 10 years used to be $20 a year and no extra 911 fee.

I ran that tax estimator and looks like I would be $7.92 a month which is more than magicJack.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Between $4.15 and $4.75
I have bare minimum, no add-ons.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I had call waiting caller I’d and voice mail paid under $5 when I owned ur unit

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
I'm not quite sure how I pulled it off, but I secured three Google Voice phone numbers.

Then, I purchased an OBIHAI phone (OBi1062) along with one of their OBi202. I now have three lines, one for work, one for personal and one I use as a "junk" line.

I pay Anveo $25 for E911 service each year.

Of course, I had to purchase the devices, but I am not paying any monthly fees at all.

I had to stumble through everything to get everything to work, but now I'm up and running. Saved $40 per month I was paying to Vonage for one line.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4989 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
This has me interested as they say you can port your current number to it.
I'm paying Verizon $27 a month for a phone I haven't made an outdoing call on in 15 years.
I only kept it because there were too many people, businesses, plus state and federal agencies I would have to give my cell number too if I canceled it. (And I didn't want to bother trying to remember them all, or want them calling my cell. But I'm at the point where I can't keep flushing $30 a month down the toilet.

About three years ago we ported our house landline phone number to my wife’s cell phone. Worked great for us.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Nearly two years ago I bought an Obihai VoIP ATA and ported our "at&t" landline over to CallCentric.

Two lines, unlimited incoming, 1,000 minutes of N. America outgoing, cheap rates to most of the world, flawless voice quality, exceptional junk caller controls: $22/mo. Less than half of what our old "at&t" bill was for a single line of local-only service.

Un-wired "at&t"s wires at the NID, plugged the Obi ATA's connection into an existing jack, and all the traditional landline phones worked just like they always did. You'd never know I'd made the change, except now the two-line-capable phones actually had two lines.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I canceled our VOIP, and now we only have cell phones. Much better, a little less cost per month, it mainly was just a telemarketer portal.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post