SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best source for PVC garage floor tiles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best source for PVC garage floor tiles? Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
I'm putting in a new four car garage off the existing garage, which will become a workshop. I was going to have the floors epoxied. Aware of the management / process differences between a new floor and an old floor etc, but the determining factor against epoxy is A. the over $20K quotes for having it done professionally and B. my lack of experience doing this myself.

Looking at options I'm looking to do a multicolor, patterned PVC interlocking tile floor. Anyone have experience with vendors and recommendations for/against?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I used RaceDeck.

But I do heavy maintenance, almost frame off work, and remove/replace drive train and suspension components. (lots of POL and heavy equipment/components moved around)

My floor has taken severe abuse and it shows.

If I had known where the flooring would be 5 years later, I would have gone with a high grade/quality epoxy system and proper floor prep.

For someone just wanting nice flooring, the PVC tiles are likely fine, but if you are doing any heavy work, take that into account.

My 20x20 garage cost about $1100 in tiles and free shipping back in July 2016.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I put Tuffseal pvc in my 2 car garage and bought direct from advanta flooring. Garageflooringllc also sells it. The price went up since I did mine but it's nice stuff and has hidden locks, I didn't want the jigsaw pattern where they lock together.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I don't want the jigsaw either.

My workshop work is more carpentry not jacking stuff up or doing stuff the weight of off frame work.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a poly aspartic epoxy floor installed in my previous garage and loved it. Wife even loved it. Moved into this house and previous owner had just installed Race Deck prior to the sale. Compared to our previous epoxy floor wife and I both hated it. Hollow Clacking sound when walking on it, water standing underneath from rain off cars or when washing out garage. We disliked it so much I ripped it out and had the same poly aspartic epoxy done in the new house. This is not your standard Joe The Handyman epoxy product installed when Joe isn't doing kitchen remodels, and it certainly is not the same as any of the do it yourself epoxies. This stuff is expensive but man is it beautiful and indestructible. When is the last time you had your wife tell you how much she likes the garage floor. I used Garage Living here in Texas. The key is using the special poly aspartic epoxy, and floor prep by an expert company. Did I mention it is not cheap. Big Grin But if you are going to be in the house for at least a few years it may be worth it to you. Also, our previous garage floor we had done was 10 years old when we moved and the floor still looked essentially brand new.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter01,

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Looked up poly aspartic floors and came up with some other contractors. It won't hurt to get quotes from them before ordering anything, but so far it's looking like a 5:1 increase in price.

posted Hide Post
Do you have a Garage Force franchise in your area? I own the franchise for Reno & Sparks NV. We install polyurea/aspartic flooring focusing (but not limited to) residential garages & shops. Typically it's a one day install & 100% usable after 24 hours.
Comes with a lifetime warranty as well.
https://garageforce.com/

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
Do you have a Garage Force franchise in your area? I own the franchise for Reno & Sparks NV. We install polyurea/aspartic flooring focusing (but not limited to) residential garages & shops. Typically it's a one day install & 100% usable after 24 hours.
Comes with a lifetime warranty as well.
https://garageforce.com/

There's one about an hour away. Will they come that far?

posted Hide Post
They should! Give them a call.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. I'll look into them.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Looked up poly aspartic floors and came up with some other contractors. It won't hurt to get quotes from them before ordering anything, but so far it's looking like a 5:1 increase in price.

Yeah, I mentioned it was expensive. But again I can't say enough good things about this product. I am not kidding when I say I would have been willing to have a picnic without a table cloth on my previous 10 year old garage floor. And my wife insisted we get rid of a brand new Race Deck garage floor in this house and install a Poly aspartic floor.

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post