SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Legal question?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legal question? Login/Join 
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by Ishootsometimes:
Great advice from the SigFourm Members. I suggest your son joins the Navy.

What the fuck? Eek

Yeah, no kidding. I'm sure he won't be back to explain this nonsense.

Jim

While I don't know why he posted that I do have to say it is good advice. I spent 26 years in the Navy and my son spent 4 and we both turned out ok. Smile

Edited to add: Oh, I think I'm slow...was that his poor attempt at gay humor???

Posts: 4990 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, probably a Village People reference. Roll Eyes

Posts: 33110 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Hello Jim,

Please let me clarify my statement. For the OP clearly his son should stand up for his rights. No Question.

However, my issue is that this Forum NEVER supports Gay and Lesbian Rights. Ever. EVER! For that those that do it is a tiny fraction.

Posts: 126 | Registered: January 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hello Jim,

Please let me clarify my statement. For the OP clearly his son should stand up for his rights. No Question.

However, my issue is that this Forum NEVER supports Gay and Lesbian Rights. Ever. EVER! For that those that do it is a tiny fraction.

Having a hard time making the connection between Gay Rights and joining the Navy. Care to try again?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15528 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I would like it cleared up also,I know things have changed from the time I got out in 1962.
I think he was attempting to be cute and join in the conversation but I take offense to this kind of shit.

Posts: 22421 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33110 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:

What does your idea of supporting Gay and Lesbian Rights look like? Should we have a special gays only section of the forum for them? Should they get a discount in the classified section? Or should we have offered the sigforum challenge coin in pink?

When you say gay rights do you mean equal or special? If you want equal this is the place as this place is full of not giving a fuck who sleeps with who. If you want special you probably came to the wrong place.

I'n still looking for where the OP's son got bashed here for being gay or how nobody stepped up with advice and support because he's gay.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3905 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 pages of heartfelt advice and support for goose5's son until you post. What's your problem again?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13499 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't call "one more time". They don't deserve the courtesy.

I personally would pick up the biggest stick I could find, be that local tv news, a loud aggressive lawyer or the State Labor office.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
2 pages of heartfelt advice and support for goose5's son until you post. What's your problem again?

Well, from what I read, he made a stupid joke and is trying to backpedal. But what do I know.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9750 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
SpinZone said:

When you say gay rights do you mean equal or special? If you want equal this is the place as this place is full of not giving a fuck who sleeps with who. If you want special you probably came to the wrong place.

I was trying to figure out how to make that point when I posted. You did it perfectly. Thank you.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15528 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In SC an employee does NOT have to sign anything
when leaving unless there were specific conditions when hired.

Posts: 1186 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
SpinZone said:

I was trying to figure out how to make that point when I posted. You did it perfectly. Thank you.
Thank you very much! Just wrote a way too long rambling post trying (vainly) to make that point, gave up and deleted it, then came back to find this. Well done Sir!

Posts: 7100 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
quote:
SpinZone said:

Thank you very much! Just wrote a way too long rambling post trying (vainly) to make that point, gave up and deleted it, then came back to find this. Well done Sir!

I concur. I myself was trying to come up an appropriate response. Thank goodness SpinZone posted before I made an ass of myself. Nothing more needs to added. He nailed it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Update. He got his last check without having to sign anything. That chapter is closed. Thanks to all for your help.

Posts: 7653 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Glad it worked out.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23692 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post