SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Product recommendation: Battery Daddy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Product recommendation: Battery Daddy Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Battery and storage organizer with pretty neat battery tester. Cost is $20.

Our old battery storage was a cardboard box. Many batteries can lose juice stored like that.

This is a huge improvement fwiw. Smile

https://www.amazon.com/Ontel-B...la-951140422291&th=1

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19242 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3931 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, my mother-in-law gave us one. The problem is that if you actually load it completely as you see in the pic, it weighs a ton. If you drop it when it's full or near full, that case will break and spill batteries all over the place. For the load it can carry, it should be far sturdier, but it's Chinese-made, so...

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Probably not as cool as the Battery Daddy, but I've found that the Plano "cartridge cases" do very well for some of the batteries we keep.

The 1229-50 rifle cartridge case (.243, .270, .45-70, etc.) is great for AA batteries, and the 1226-50 (.44 Mag, .45 Long Colt, etc.) is great for AAA cells.

1229-50
1226-50

God bless America.

Posts: 13520 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a Battery Dad; it works well for us.

Posts: 995 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I have one and it keeps my junk drawer cleaner.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3496 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
It’s much easier to visualize your battery stock.
Highly recommend.

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Costco has it for $14.99

I bought 2. I’m satisfied, I leave them on a work bench and don’t carry them around.

Para is right, they get heavy.

Posts: 11864 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even at Costco prices,
That must be about $350.00 Worth of batteries
Yowser.

I have six flashlights and a TV remote.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54700 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Have one and it works well.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool, but they need to make one for pistol magazines. They're beginning to take over their closet.

Posts: 17150 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
As seen on Tee-Vee!

That will go well in the closet with my Slap-Chop, Popeil Pocket Fisherman and Ronco Veg-O-Matic!

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
As seen on Tee-Vee!

That will go well in the closet with my Slap-Chop, Popeil Pocket Fisherman and Ronco Veg-O-Matic!

But wait, there's more! Operators are standing by! Get a free set of Ginsu Steak Knives!

Posts: 11864 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife gave them as gifts last Christmas. She put a few batteries in them. Everyone she gave them to said it was a very useful gift. Para is right about them not taking a drop very well. We found out the hard way Frown

Posts: 7568 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I got one at Costco. As Para said, it's not real sturdy, but it sure has cleaned up the pile of batteries I had on my desk, in the drawers, on the floor next to the desk, etc.

I knew I needed one when I ordered a box of 48 AAs and found an unopened box on the floor next to my desk. Roll Eyes

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6424 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like ours a lot!

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 547 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a full one of those that they can put on a scale? that's got a way a few pounds.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54700 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I just use a small plastic bin with a lid...cost about 2 bucks at Walmart. I'll start calling the bin the Battery Baby.

Posts: 1976 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we bought one on the 'net somewhere. Looks nice, both sides open and it holds a loooot of batteries of a sizes.

But that sucker weighs a ton, so it lives in a stationary place in our back bedroom.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1582 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I've posted this before, but I'm still using MTM 50 round boxes since I have no use for C and D size batteries.

Clockwise from top left are Alkaline, Carbon Zinc, Ni-Mh, and Lithium.

Posts: 1060 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post